3rd Trimester

Is it just me???

Or does anyone else hate it when a fellow pregnant woman calls her unborn baby a fetus??  I seriously can't stand it, it just seems so strange to me. What do you all think?

Re: Is it just me???

• I dont care what people call their own bumps.  I call mine by my baby's name, so other people will hopefully pick up on that and follow siut.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I called my son 'Fetus' the entire time.  It is what it is.  Besides, I found it funny & other people got a kick out of it, too. I now call him 'Infant' since he's been born.  I'll bet you hate that one even more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I don't think it's weird, unless they are being serious about it (think Coneheads). I refer to her as all kind of potentially off-putting things (all in good fun), including fetus. She's my offspring ( lol) and I will call her what I want, ranging from the offensive to the adorable.

Now that I am so close to my due date I have been calling her by name :)

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The entire time my sister was pregnant we jokingly called her LO "Cletus the fetus" 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • It bothers me too. I know it's the technical term, but it just sounds so impersonal. I have a cute little nickname for my baby, or we call him Jr.

• nettjenettje
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    image lizby:

I don't think it's weird, unless they are being serious about it (think Coneheads). I refer to her as all kind of potentially off-putting things (all in good fun), including fetus. She's my offspring ( lol) and I will call her what I want, ranging from the offensive to the adorable.

Now that I am so close to my due date I have been calling her by name :)

This.

It's mostly out of good fun and not to be taken seriously... My coworker (who is also expecting) and I have both referred to our children as parasites. We always have a good laugh about it.  

• I call mine fetus I was calling it a embryo it is not a big deal
    [IMG]Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ks3pinkks3pink
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Love Its
    It bugs me too!  I feel like they haven't bonded with the life growing inside them.  I have always said "baby" no matter what point of the pregnancy.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tjkdlhbtjkdlhb
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I usually say baby, but when people ask about names I tell them it's Cletus the fetus.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I call mine the precious fetus on the regular. I've also referenced her rudimentary sister the placenta extraordinaria.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I call him my fetus or critter all the time. I mean while I love him and he's going to be my snuggly baby soon, he is still a fetus.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimage
  • It doesn't bother me, it is a fetus.  I just call mine marshmallow, which is what DD wants to call it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • One of my friends in high school got the nickname Fetus, and I'd see him around into our 20's and people still called him that.  Whenever I hear that word, that's who I think of to this day.  It just became one of those things that you say so often you forget what it means.
  • I call her a fetus sometimes and sometimes by her name.  I don't get why this bugs you.  That is the correct name for what is growing inside your uterus.  Are you bothered when people call their pets dog or cat too?
  • My last pregnancy, we named it Carlos Miguel. Then, we found out it was girl so we called her Embryonna.

It's just a NN. It doesn't bug me.

Anon stands corrected.

Tessa: 10.28.10                             Nora: 8.30.12

• I lovingly call mine "my little parasite"... because that's basically what she is until she's born, and she has wreaked havoc on my system since day 1!

It can also be a way of detaching, my dad called our LO a fetus until we hit 3rd tri because I lost a baby in the past and he was really hurt by it, and didn't want to get attached until he knew she was going to be ok (though he'll never say that)... just a thought :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers