Baby Names

Lillian or Liliana?

I love both these names.  Lillian is a little more classic sounding to me, and Liliana is more feminine.  Which do you prefer?

Re: Lillian or Liliana?

• saham07saham07 member
    Lillian............Liliana sounds dated.(1990's Briana, Ariana, Adriana)
  • VegasbbVegasbb member
    Definitely Lillian
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Lillian.

• Lillian 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • BLPL101BLPL101 member
    I like Lillian more, but I don't think Liliana is dated. I have never met anyone with that name.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree Lillian is more classic sounding. That's why my boyfriend and I have decided on naming our little girl Liliana :) My boyfriend says he is going to call her Lily B (Her middle name is going to be Brooke) for short.
  • I typically like very feminine names but I prefer Lillian over Lilliana. Lillian is classic. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Lillian gets my vote. Liliana just sounds a little made up and a mouthful for a child
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • blw1003blw1003 member
    I love both names.  I know one little girl (4yo) named Liliana, and she is a total sweetheart.  The name fits her very well!
  • ames71ames71 member
    Liliana

• Sorry to go against the group. I like Liliana. I have a grandma named Lillian...sounds old to me lol. :)
  • Another vote for Liliana! It sounds refreshing, as I'm getting super bored of Lillian (which I think is more old ladyish). Plus, you have the option of nicknaming DD Ana vs. the overdone Lily.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for all your feedback.  I am leaning toward Lillian, but my husband prefers Liliana.  (BTW, Liliana is not a made-up name; its an Italian and Spanish name. My husband is Colombian, so Liliana sounds more like the "traditional" name to him!)

I'm glad that both names got some positive feedback.  Still so hard to decide, though! 

• Liliana gets my vote but I may be a bit biased as I have a Juliana.  Lillian feels much more old lady to me than Liliana.
  • Liliana. Seen it as a name for Snow White in Snow White: A Tale of Terrors. Loved it ever since.
  • I like Lillian best.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"