Babies: 0 - 3 Months

It only took 6 weeks to figure out...

.....That when DD is tired when I put her down in her crib, she will stop crying in less than 2 minutes instead of crying for 20+ minutes when I tried holding her, walking the floor with her, rocking her, putting her in her swing or car seat.  My poor DD just wanted to be left alone.  Every kid is a new experience!  (Slaps forehead with hand)
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: It only took 6 weeks to figure out...

• I would do the same thing! I fussed at my fiance because I heard the baby crying, walked out of the bathroom and saw her in her bouncy chair. I told him if she was crying, pick her up. Turns out she had been fussing when he was holding her and calmed down in the chair.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • It took me 8 weeks! Don't feel bad!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MollySmMollySm member
    We figured out the same thing!  It just didn't occur to us that she was saying - leave me alone!  But the minute we set her down in her crib she would stretch out happily and then start to doze off.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• It took me 2 days...by accident.  She got fussy around 7:30, and nothing helped to settle her down.  And I had to go to the bathroom very badly, so I put her down in her crib.  When I came back to her, she was happily dozing off...  The next day, I put her in her crib at 7:30 fully awake, and she fell asleep happily on her own!  My son was a super clingy baby, so I expected the same thing from my daughter, but I guess not!  This time I got lucky! 
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • me too!!!! :)  Now if only I can teach the grandmas this!
  • imageLoolaide:
    Jealous ...

Word!  I'm 0/3 in this regard.  

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • DD was and pretty much still is like this.  I love it.  It took me a while to figure it out when she was a newborn, the thought never occurred to me because DS#1 had to be held or have constant motion to sleep.  (He is still the less stellar sleeper).  I am still trying to figure out what works best for DS#2...I think he's a combo so far :)  Be thankful you got one of "those" babies - I'm sure you are!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"