May 2012 Moms

Anyone want to join?

I think I'm going to pull up a chair and stare at the super moon while eating some pineapple and drinking tea. Maybe pop an EPO or two...

In all seriousness though as much as I want her to come I'm starting to get a little sad. I'm going to miss all those kicks and rolls and just knowing that it's been her and I for the last 9 months.  I could list a million reasons why I hate being pregnant but now I'm scared I'm going to miss that feeling of her. Anyone else feeling a little sad or should I chalk it up to a bad hormone day ;)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Our little BOY is due 9/13/2014

Re: Anyone want to join?

• Completely normal.  Totally felt that way with my first.  This pregnancy's been quite a bit more uncomfortable one than the first was, so I'm totally ready for her to be out and in our arms.  But I've been there, don't worry :) 

The only thing I'm more excited about besides being able to lay in bed without thsi searing pelvic pain is seeing the look on my husband's face the first time he gets to hold our little girl.  It's going to be amazing :*)

• I also felt this way more the first time around, even though I'd say I was more miserable then.  I will kind of miss being pregnant, and thought the feeling would be stronger considering this is more than likely my last pregnancy.  I guess maybe, with one at home already I just haven't had time to think about it as much. 
  • Yeah...I'm going to have a full moon party :). However...it's probably the last thing any of us should want. If all those L&D nurses are right, anyone who goes in tonight or tomorrow will be one of a hundred poor laboring moms! 

And I've had a pretty great pregnancy this time. I really can't complain at all in the grand scheme of things. I've had that thought that I'll miss being pregnant too. It's definitely one of the most special, awesome things we do :)

Edit: just wanted to add that the version of myself who was pregnant with our daughter would slap me silly for even thinking that! lol. I had a rough pregnancy with her and couldn't wait to be done. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wanted to pass on a little info!  Make sure you have absolutely no lights on in your bedroom (we are unplugging our light up clock) and you have the blinds open to absorb all the moonlight.  I read this somewhere and I'm going to make sure I do everything I can to take full advantage of these "moon powers"

Ahhh, the craziness begins.....

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ElinJElinJ
    500 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Love Its First Answer

I know how you feel with your second paragraph.  Because there are so many women on here who comment a lot about being so.over being pregnant, I have really sort of bit my tongue.  I really want to post "I LOVE BEING PREGNANT!"  I know I got lucky and had an incredibly easy pregnancy.  No complications of any kind, no back pain, I didn't even need maternity clothes until at least 24 weeks.  I did have morning sickness, but it was mild, and I never threw up.  Plus that was so long ago, I barely remember!

I'm really excited for baby to get here, believe me, but part of me will be sad, because right now, it's like baby is "mine, all mine".  I'm the one who gets to carry him/her with me all day, every day.  EVERY moment the baby makes I am aware of.  Once he/she is on the outside world, he/she is no longer just mine to experience!  I'm already dreading the day I have to go back to work and take the baby to daycare.  Especially dreading the two days where I work 12-14 hours.  I will certainly have no play time with the baby on those days.  :(

I am treasuring these final weeks the best I can!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• zoeyyzoeyy
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    image MadAsh127:

The only thing I'm more excited about besides being able to lay in bed without thsi searing pelvic pain is seeing the look on my husband's face the first time he gets to hold our little girl.  It's going to be amazing :*)

I can't wait for all of this too! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Our little BOY is due 9/13/2014
  • I was worried about that, and while yes,  do miss the punches and rolls, it is so amazing to hold your newborn in your arms and watch those arms and legs move around and realize that's what you were feeling for so long.  And honestly... I am too busy and too tired to dwell on it for long!
    Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• blw1003blw1003
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its
    I'm with you!!!  I've had a pretty easy pregnancy and have LOVED being pregnant.  These last few days, I have found myself watching my bump move more and more and getting sad about not being able to do that much longer.  Although...I'm NOT going to miss not being able to roll over or sit up in bed without DH's help!  :-)