April 2012 Moms
Options

Does having giant tatas make discreetly nursing impossible?

I've read a thousand threads on NIP and so many people have mentioned how others can't even tell that they are nursing because it just looks like they are holding a sleeping baby...

That is not the case here.

My boobs are twice the size of her head, so you pretty much see my entire thing (minus the nipple) if I nurse without a cover.

Is there some secret tactic that I have yet to learn? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does having giant tatas make discreetly nursing impossible?

• Options
    Mine are not usually giant, but are currently, due to oversupply.  I wear a nursing tank which covers my midriff, and then hitch my shirt up above the boob.  Once he's latched I pull the shirt down enough to cover the top of the boob up to where his mouth is, and his head covers the nipple and his body covers the lower boob:)  I NIP without a cover mostly, and you don't see much at all.
  • Options

imagestarbound6:
    Mine are not usually giant, but are currently, due to oversupply.  I wear a nursing tank which covers my midriff, and then hitch my shirt up above the boob.  Once he's latched I pull the shirt down enough to cover the top of the boob up to where his mouth is, and his head covers the nipple and his body covers the lower boob:)  I NIP without a cover mostly, and you don't see much at all.

You are a genius.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagestarbound6:

Exactly this. I'm a DD normally, so especially at the start of nursing they're giant, but that works. I find it works best with a straight cut collar, at least until you get the hang of it. I feel like a v-neck tends to gap and show more up top.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    Mine arent even giant and I can't seem to pull it off. Tbh, I think my areola is just big enough that it's like... Oh hey everyone!!! Not huge or giant but LO's head doesn't cover the goods... Unless I'm just failing miserably at positioning. I guess part of it is trial and error.
  • Options
    I should add that DS comes off & on a million times due to fast letdown and spraying him in the face so we're not always discreet anyway!  It's way more annoying with a cover though..
  • Options
    dojo1dojo1 member
    Mine feel like Beth the  bounty hunters wife right now, no way these massive milk bags wouldn't draw a few gazes right now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same problem - huge boobs, and I can only do football hold at the moment because of my flat nipples (using a shield) and c-section. Cant figure out how I would ever NIP bc I need 2 pillows and it's really difficult to even nurse without another pair of hands! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine are small. I was an A before LO and now a small C even when I'm full and engorged. I always hated my small boobs and have wanted implants since the age of 16. So far breast feeding is the one thing they're good for.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    agreed with the others about wearing a nursing tank (or spaghetti strap tank) under a regular top and just pulling up the shirt. Unfortunately I also have large areolas in addition to large boobs, so I still use a cover when in a really public place.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagestarbound6:

I usually use a cover when I'm out, but I do this at home when we have people over. If DD decides she doesn't like the cover, then this is what I will do when I'm out, as well.

ETA: I just got measured again for more supportive nursing bras, and I'm a 36I (was a 38DDD before getting pregnant this time), so they are definitely giant (and make it hard to find shirts that fit properly).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"