Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sudden heavy bleed???

So I'm 5 weeks 1 day PP and haven't stopped bleeding yet...the past two days my bleeding has been more brownish red, but tonight I got in the shower and towards the end of my shower (about 40 minutes) I went to rinse off down there and when I looked down there was a ton of bright red blood in the water and on my hand and running down my leg. I stood there and it just kept coming out, then there was about 5 or 6 dime/nickel sized clots that came out.  After a couple minutes or so it slowed down enough to where I got out and put a pad on like I usually do and I waited for about 15 mintues and then went to the bathroom and it had slowed but it's still bright red.  I haven't done any activity today or yesterday so that's not it...today and yesterday have been very lazy days for me.  I also breastfeed.  Any ideas as to what this is???  I have my PP appointment tomorrow luckily but I wanted to see what you guys thought.  Oh, and I had a C-section.   One more thing...today I have felt some very minor menstral like cramps.  TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sudden heavy bleed???

• My bleeding would suddenly pick up sometimes for a few weeks after even. I had some cramps as well, at the hospital before we came home they told me that was my uterus contracting to get back to it's original size, and I would feel them more when BFing probably. I had some clots as well and they told me as long as they aren't really big (they said like golf ball size) not to be too concered. If you're really concerned about it before you go to your appt though you can always call your Dr. The nurse can normally tell you if it's something that is normal or not, and if she can't they'll have the Dr talk to you. I called my MW quite a few times PP, that's their job to answer any concerns you have =)
  • So I thought I'd post an update on this since I went to the doctor today.  OB said that it was unusual for me to still be bleeding this bad after 5 weeks and to have that sudden heavy bleed that late.  My uterus is back to normal size and there is a lot of clots, but nothing at all around my incision and nothing left of the placenta or anything like that.  She said that it could be my period that just started up right after bleeding stopped...so right after that I didn't notice the stop at all.  She gave me a prescription (don't remember the name) and it's 8 pills (take 2 every 6 hours for 24 hours) and it'll make my uterus contract and basically squeeze out all those clots.  She said I'll probably bleed really bad again but that I should stop soon after this, but if I don't then I may have to get a progesterone pill to take for a month.  Hopefully this works fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"