Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

DO NOT USE BABY BULLET

I was preparing a meal for my son this morning using the baby bullet.  There is a rubber ring around the base of the blade.  This came lose and was shredded into his food.  This is EXTREMELY dangerous and I do not want this to happen to anyone else that has this product.  I almost fed this to my child and would be in an emergency room right now and contacting an attorney rather than writing this.  I have contacted the manufacturer and urged a recall and strongly advise anyone else to use a different blender.  Thank goodness I noticed one small piece in his food that hadn't been cut up and was about half an inch long.  Please don't let this happen to you.  Happy to share photos with anyone interested.

Re: DO NOT USE BABY BULLET

• Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you.  I've been using the baby bullet for 4 months now and this hasn't happened in my experience.  If the ring is in place and the base is screwed on, I'm not sure how it can get mixed in the blades.  I also take the ring off each time I clean the base.   
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yea can you post the pics? I'm not sure how it could have happened, we've been using it for 5+ months now and haven't had any issues. I'm not even exactly sure what piece you are talking about, so I'd like to check to make sure everything is secure on mine. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am strongly against use of the Baby Bullet, as well.  Mine caught on fire while blending avocado.
    May, 2010, DH DX: Low Testosterone
    July, 2010, DH SA: 3% morph
    July, 2010, DH Rx: 50 mg Clomid EOD
    BFP: 9/3/10 ~ M/C: 9/7/10
    BFP: 10/9/10 ~ My beautiful Grace Dorothy was born on 6/14/11
    Beta #1 (12 DPO): 111/24 ~ Beta #2 (16 DPO): 722/23 ~ Beta #3 (20 DPO): 3,338/15.3
    BFP: 11/14/11 ~ Spotting/Betas not doubling, but HB of 113 bpm @ 6 wks 1 day!
    My Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DH's Low Testosterone/ED Blog
  • Options
    This happened to me while using the regular magic bullet while making myself a smoothie. I used a blender when pureeing foods for DS.

• Options

imagetmwishful:
    I'm sorry that happened to you.  I've been using the baby bullet for 4 months now and this hasn't happened in my experience.  If the ring is in place and the base is screwed on, I'm not sure how it can get mixed in the blades.  I also take the ring off each time I clean the base.   

Umm yeah this.  It doesn't sound right.  I've never had issue with mine either.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCocoBrynne:

imagetmwishful:

Umm yeah this.  It doesn't sound right.  I've never had issue with mine either.

. This. If it is in correctly and screwed all the way the grooves cover the rubber gasket rings. I am sorry this happened to you though. Must have been scary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I called the manufacturer and apparently they have 2 designs and are trying to fix this problem.  I have 3 of them and are very familiar with them.  1 full size and 2 baby bullets. There are two MAJOR problems I see - one potentially fatal and the other a major health hazard.  The most likely way your LO will get sick is from a food borne or bacterial illness.  The rubber ring in the bottom has to come out for it to be cleaned properly, otherwise it traps old food in there (you can see it stuck down there!), so you have to take it in and out all the time anyway to clean it so it comes in and out, then you turn it upside down to blend it and if you're like me the food gets stuck so you knock it a little to make it come loose.... and then latch it in again and press it down several times etc etc, so if there is a bump or two you would not even notice the rubber ring had come loose and was going into the food.  I would NOT have noticed except for one slightly larger piece in a bowl I was literally about to put in LO's mouth.  If you have a nanny or relative helping you with food prep, this is a serious hazard. I did think it was a great product but this is something to watch!!
  • Options
    I have never had that problem with mine. I love mine! 
  • Options
    Sorry this happened to you. Not trying to be rude but if you read the manual it specifically says to make sure the rubber ring is in place and secure each and every time you use it. To ask that they issue a recall is just silly they already have how to avoid your problem in the manual.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"