Baby Showers
Options

baby shower location ideas

I'm starting to look where to have my baby shower. I don't want to spend a lot on renting a place but I don't want to have it at home. What types of places should I be looking at to have a shower? any one know of ideas of places that aren't commonly used for baby showers?

Re: baby shower location ideas

• Options

I just started planning my sister's shower. I think we're going with a church hall i found wicked cheap. They only ask for a $25-50 donation! Some churches may be much more though. We're getting use of the kitchen and tables and chairs.

When I was looking for a place for the shower I checked: church and fire halls, I checked to see if there was an Elk's, VFW or American Legion in her area, I even called a few Bed and Breakfast's and a cheese making farm. Try googling your town and see what comes up!

xmas12cropped

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    You shouldn't be planning your own shower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemabenner1:

Ditto that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have an Angel Museum where I live & mine is being held downstairs in the cafe attached to the museum. I had no clue that it even existed until a friend mentioned it. I would definitely check with friends & see what they recommend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

your hostess gets to decide, not you!  

do not plan your own shower, do not do! 

Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • Options
    imagepugznploons:

your hostess gets to decide, not you!  

do not plan your own shower, do not do! 

Lol, channeling Suess? :) Love it

I'm going on the assumption that whomever is planning has asked her if she has any preferences or ideas

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine is at a union hall that both DH and my dad belong to. I originally hinted I wanted it outside being it will be during the summer BUT then I had a nightmare about invasive wasps and flies landing on all the food! Plus my mom would have needed a very good back up plan in case of weather! My theme is bee's but I don't want real ones there!

• Options

imagemabenner1:

I also agree with this.  Very tacky and poor etiquette to plan your own shower.

If your hostess has asked you to look into places there are several you can check out that usually aren't too expensive.  Fire halls, VFW halls (someone has to be a member), Eagles/Moose clubs (same with the membership thing), churches, club houses (if someone you know lives in a complex that has one), and senior centers (some are extremely nice).  If you are having a shower in the summer you could also rent a shelter at a park for very little $.

• Options
    to the ladies commenting that she shouldn't be throwing her own shower, get over the social should be's be yourself,do what you want and dont judge others for being different. We are mothers for crying out loud how about learning and teaching some tolerance....
  • Options
    My friends asked me if I wanted to do mine indoors or out and since we have awful weather here most of the year but great weather in Jul/Aug they just reserved a place at a park with 3 picnic tables and someone is bringing a grill and food from costco.

Guess depends on if you want indoor or out! I would ask friends and family since they will know more about the area you live in for local places.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IAmPregnant Tickerimage
    Still learning English! Sometimes I don't know what things are named...  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"