Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Who is feeding rice cereal, and how is it going for you?

I gave my baby her first supper last night.  The box said 1 tbsp of cereal, and 4 tbsp of breastmilk, which is what i did and it seems super runny!  almost as if i added nothing to the breastmilk, so then i went ahead and added another 1/2 tbsp of cereal, and it was still runny, but i thought i better not add more.

so tonight, i'm wondering if i should make it a little thicker?

and also make not as much?  cuz baby stopped being interested about 3/4 of the way through.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who is feeding rice cereal, and how is it going for you?

• The first few times it will be really runny, just so they start to adjust to spoon feeding.  We made it a little thicker each time.
  • I haven't done it yet (I was supposed to for DD's acid reflux, but I'm trying to hold out until she's a but older) but I've read that breast milk breaks down the cereal.Could it be that?

I'm curious to hear other's experience with mixing rice cereal and breast milk...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I honsetly don't follow the directions for the reason that you stated. I just mix it to the consistancy my dd likes. I have also been feeding her home made baby food and add rice and breastmilk to that the same way so it is the thickness she likes. It took me a few days to figure out how she would like it.  
  • I made it very runny the first time and then less and less runny each time. I only gave rice for 2 days because he seemed disinterested. Switched to organic oatmeal and he's been doing great with it! I think it has more flavor. I will save the rice and add fruits to it later on around 5-6 months. 

BFP - 2/5/14
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just started and its going good. I do  2 tablespoons of cerea( directions on box )  then add in some breastmilk , not to runny or to thick  .I made the mistake of doing it the evening and my daughter got quite an upset tummy. But now feeding  it  her in the morning seems to be better . 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP ! March 2011 TTC since Jan 2010 Blood work CD 3 -normal Diagnosed with slight case of PCOS Nov 2010 S/A - High count , low morph and mobility Use acupuncture/herbs to regulate cycles
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"