April 2011 Moms

Does your LO have a pillow? In The Crib (gasp!)

LO often naps/sleeps with me and the first thing she does is crawl up on a flat bed pillow I have and fall asleep. I don't know if it's just more comfortable for her, or she's just used to it due to me keeping her propped up when she was teeny for her reflux. Or both. However! She doesn't have a pillow in her crib and does just fine without it, but I can't help but wonder- would she like one? I realize this is a sticky wicket for some, but I wanted to see if anyone had graduated into Pillow Land In The Crib.

Re: Does your LO have a pillow? In The Crib (gasp!)

• My son, too!!! I don't have one In his crib(yet), but he does ball up his aden and anis muslin swaddling blanket and lays his head on that. The whole blankets and pillows thing does make me nervous, but the breathable blanket I have relented and let him have it. I think the biggest fear with the pillow would be that they wouldn't just sleep on it that they would eventually pick it up and it would windup on top of their face which would be dangerous. Perhaps consider the breathable blanket. 
  • She doesn't have a pillow yet, but she uses her stuffed animals like pillows all the time.  When she's on our bed she crawls right up to the pillows and cuddles on them.  We are probably going to introduce a pillow in the next 6 months.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • He doesn't have a pillow, but he has a stuffed duck, soft lamb rattle, lovey and his taggie blanket.  We are clearly not in the 'nothing in the crib' camp.  Oh, and we also have bumpers and not the breathable kind (gasp!).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • yup!

She has the small ikea pillow.  She loves it. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes. Pillow pet duck. We started not too long ago with a really flat pillow but she just got the pillow pet for Easter. She is 1 year and walking and moving like her own little person. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it before that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GHBEAGHBEA member
    Yes LO does we put it in there to help with her nasal drip, coughing.  Never took it out.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No pillow here... J gets his blankie, seahorse and a small stuffed cookie monster... But I take them all out when I go in and check in on him before we go to bed.  I think I am going to stop taking it all out. 
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Yes, she does. It's a lamb pillow-pet type thing (came with a blanket). We decided she was ready for it when she kept using her stuffed animals as pillows. She loves it. You don't have to give her one if you don't want to.
    Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • She has a pillow. Like a totally normal pillow from my bed. I put it in her crib a few months ago.
    Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • I put a pillow in her bed last night for the first time.  It's a pretty flat one from our bed.  I would like to get a better one to put in there though. But I think she is liking it so far. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"