Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Weaning fro bottle!

Just asking for some tips. Trying to wean my lo from the bottle. Thanks!

Re: Weaning fro bottle!

• We did it cold turkey at 12 months and made sure to supplement with other forms of dairy while she was adjusting to using the sippy full time. 

It went surprisingly well, and she didn't seem to miss it.

We also went cold turkey for the paci a few months ago, and it worked for that too (although, that was a little harder on her...but we stuck with it!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We stopped giving them to her unless she asked so if she woke up and said "eat" instead of baba we would just not give her one and we have gone from 6 to three and Im slowly cutting one out at a time we should have none by two or close to two

GL!

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son has been drinking water from a sippy cup with a straw for a long time so we just started giving him his milk for the two day bottles and giving him the sippy cups at meal time instead of at a specific "bottle time". Then after a few weeks we got rid of the morning bottle. I always thought he woke up starving because he would gulp down the bottle but I just tried it one day and didn't give it to him and he was fine. I again gave him milk with his breakfast. Now we only do the night bottle and I am not looking forward to getting rid of that one. We rock him to sleep while he drinks his bottle so I know it's going to be sleep training all over again becasue he falls asleep in our arms. Some days I feel really bad about it and other days I don't. He sleeps through the night and I enjoy cuddling with him while he falls asleep so for now I guess it's ok. I don't want to be rocking a four year old to sleep so I guess I better get one it sooner rather than later. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker