October 2012 Moms
Options

Cute ideas to tell the gender of baby

I find out the sex of my baby in 2 weeks and I am looking for a cute way to spread the word to out family and close friends. I dont want to do the cupcake with pink or blue frosting because that seems like one everyone is doing. Im looking for somthing cute and different.

Any ideas?

Re: Cute ideas to tell the gender of baby

• Options

We are having a gender reveal party - and we'll be finding out by having helium balloons in a box...we'll open the box and they'll fly out.

Another balloon idea might be to have neutral colored balloons but have pink or blue confetti inside and you can have your family members pop them all at the same time and be showered by pink or blue.  I think that would be kinda fun.

Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

There are some cute ideas on pinterest. 

Pink/Blue ballons in a box that will float out when you open the box.

DD1 - 08.10
    DD2 - 10.12
       #3 - 04.15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you don't want to have a party, how about a scratch off announcement? You can send a card to family and friends. Here are the instructions. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• Options
    imagebellre:

If you don't want to have a party, how about a scratch off announcement? You can send a card to family and friends. Here are the instructions. 

That is so cute!

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    We were thinking of getting a King Cake, and rather than just having one baby inside, putting a baby in each slice of Cake, and the babies will be painted either pink or blue.
  • Options
    imageAadensMommy2010:

We are having a gender reveal party - and we'll be finding out by having helium balloons in a box...we'll open the box and they'll fly out.

Another balloon idea might be to have neutral colored balloons but have pink or blue confetti inside and you can have your family members pop them all at the same time and be showered by pink or blue.  I think that would be kinda fun.

LOVE the confetti idea!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAadensMommy2010:

LOVE the confetti idea!

• Options
    imageAadensMommy2010:

LOVE the confetti idea!

• Options

imageKen&Anna:
    We were thinking of getting a King Cake, and rather than just having one baby inside, putting a baby in each slice of Cake, and the babies will be painted either pink or blue.

Hmmm... Serious or sarcastic?? (side note.. I had to google King Cake, so I just learned about them)

• Options
    My mom lives out of state and I was thinking of sending her a baby girl photo frame with a copy of the ultrasound pic or maybe some custom M&Ms. It was actually pretty fun to go on and make your own M&Ms.
  • Options
    Get a pinata with a specific candy for a boy like maybe jolly ranchers for a boy and starburst for a girl.
  • Options
    imagerachaelrnr:
    imageAadensMommy2010:

LOVE the confetti idea!

Make sure you have someone else to clean up afterwards. 

• Options

For my shower we are having all of the guests wear a pink or blue accessory for what they think the sex of the baby is. My sister is going to make me a cake that's either pink of blue inside so when it's "cake time" we will cut the cake and the color inside will tell everyone if it's a boy or a girl! We will have a little drawing for those who guessed the correct sex of the baby and get them a plant or flower or something. I think it's so cute! But, the guests will not know the sex of the baby until the shower - which I'm happy with because I hope my grandma/aunts shop from the registry and not just buy horrible frilly dresses or boy stuff I don't need!!!

• Options
    we're doing the gender reveal cake.... so even WE won't know until we slice open the cake and a lil food dye reveals the gender.... only our baker will know ahead of time!
    Pregnancy Ticker Was TTC for a year and half went to first OB/GYN appt and was getting realy to go for dye test Waited for period to start Never did Took test and SURPRISE! Happily Married Since Oct. 2nd, 2010!
  • Options

imageChrisG83:
    My mom lives out of state and I was thinking of sending her a baby girl photo frame with a copy of the ultrasound pic or maybe some custom M&Ms. It was actually pretty fun to go on and make your own M&Ms.

For a second I read this and though you were making M&M's with the ultrasound picture on them and I got totally grossed out. HAHAH! 

• Options
    imagejulieklu:

imageChrisG83:

For a second I read this and though you were making M&M's with the ultrasound picture on them and I got totally grossed out. HAHAH! 

Yeah we won't go that far..lol 

• Options
    DH's mom will be in town during the a/s so she will know right away. I'm thinking about sending my mom some pink or blue flowers and my dad some engraved "it's a ..." drumsticks if I can figure out how to get them there quickly.
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

we went to a bar and handed the waiter our envelope with the sex. We told him if it said girl to have the bartender make a pink drink, if it said boy, blue drink.

He bought the drink in a shaker so we couldn't see it, then he set the glass down and poured! We have the whole thing on video. It was awesome to see the pink drink!!

• Options
    imageelisbu:

we went to a bar and handed the waiter our envelope with the sex. We told him if it said girl to have the bartender make a pink drink, if it said boy, blue drink.

He bought the drink in a shaker so we couldn't see it, then he set the glass down and poured! We have the whole thing on video. It was awesome to see the pink drink!!

That's a really cool idea. Yes

• Options
    We ordered custom fortune cookies that said, "It's a boy!" and "It's a girl" inside. We met close friends and family for lunch at P.F. Chang's and had the waiter bring out the appropriate set of cookies. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"