Trying to Get Pregnant

I know it's weird, but a faint negative?!

So, let's start by saying I went off birth control in September, and I have only had 3 periods since (1 of which was brought on by Provera). So, needless to say, I have irregular periods (I was actually put on birth control back in high school to regulate my periods). This month, surprise surprise: no period. However, I've had cramping, bloating, post nasal drip, an aversion to certain smells, and terrible breath. By a normal 28-day cycle, I'm 8 days late. I've been taking pregnancy tests, but they're all coming back negative. Friday and today (Tuesday) I took Kroger brand tests. They're the ones where you see a "+" if you are positive and a "-" if you're negative. So, both times, there was a very, very, very faint "-"  and an extremely dark control line. What the heck does that mean? Is there a chance I am pregnant? Also, because of my irregular cycles, when should I test and when should I give up and call the doctor for a blood test. This stuff is so nerve wracking and stressful!! :(

Re: I know it's weird, but a faint negative?!

• Are they pink or blue dye tests? 

ETA:  I am having troubles reading today.  If there is a control line, I would trust that the test is accurate.

The Making of Baby Banker
    TTC since 03/2011 | BFP#1 05/2011-M/C at 7w | BFP#2 06/2013-M/C at 5w
    Diagnosis: Unexplained IF
    After multiple IUIs and one IVF...
    photo 416d5dec-9345-4772-9e55-326f4db59ad6_zps8d684e9d.jpg03/2014: FET #1=BFP!! EDC 12.06.2014
    photo 416d5dec-9345-4772-9e55-326f4db59ad6_zps8d684e9d.jpg
    Beta #1: 197 | Beta #2: 556 | Beta #3: 2354 | FHR: 158
    Stupid amounts of love to my TBBFF turned IRLBFF Kiki
    image GUAYAQUIL image
    {All are Welcome}

imageCafeMom Tickersimage

• image Banker&BSN:

Are they pink or blue dye tests? 

ETA:  I am having troubles reading today.  If there is a control line, I would trust that the test is accurate.

::hands banker a glass of wine to help with reading skills::

If you have a control line, and a negative result, then you are not pregnant. Irregular cycles can be frustrating. Since you obviously don't have a "regular" 28-day cycle, then you are probably not "late." You may want to start tracking your cycles by using OPKs or by charting your temp if you are worried about when to test and whatnot. It takes a lot of the guessing and worrying out of the process.

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    Cycle #28 IVF
    6/18/13 Beta #1 @ 10dp5dt = 174!!! Beta #2 @ 12dp5dt= 391!!! I'm finally KU!!! EDD 2/24/2014
    Our little man was born 2/18/14! Welcome to the world!

image        image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • After reading your post 4 timesHuh?, I have to say, if there is a control line, and its still coming up with a faint "-" you are not pregnant.

Miss you forever, Mom. 11/9/50 ~ 8/20/09
    photo e01fe903-c086-4b29-a4a3-90c7089276ec_zps34bee937.jpg

Our Crazy, Paranormal Life
    My Blog The Story of the Cicadas in my Siggy

When Harry stood up for Snape and you would give anything for Snape to know. | 45 Times Harry Potter Fans Lost Their Cool At The Movie Theater
    Me: 31 DH 40

Married since 06/18/2011

Vote for my Vow Renewal Dress

Mirena IUD removed February 28th, 2012

TTC #3 since March 2012

Took a break between December '13 and March 14

Mom of four:

Two in my arms, Two in my heart.

BFP #1 01/29/03 EDD 10/02/03 Due Date Baby!
    BFP #2 11/05/2005 EDD 06/30/06 A Day Late!
    BFP #3 07/08/12 C/P 07/09/12

FF FAQ page ~ ~ ~ Newbie Blog

photo dc19608b-4d66-4dc2-b98e-29b85b3b5b29_zps95bb6342.jpgimage

• If they are blue dye tests, throw them away and go get a FRER or digital.  Wait a few more days and test again. 

• image mccleary.11:
    They are blue dye

Oh, that is no good. Blue dye tests are notorious for false positives. Go get a digi or FRER and see what they say. You aren't out until you get your period. FX for you.

ETA: comprehension fail. Sorry, OP, you obviously aren't dealing with a false positive. Listen to the other posters. My newb is showing.

• image mccleary.11:
    However, I've had cramping, bloating, post nasal drip, an aversion to certain smells, and terrible breath.

I wasn't aware that terrible breath was a symptom of pregnancy. If it is, my grandfather has been KTFU my whole life. 

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image jcameron2010:

image mccleary.11:
    They are blue dye

Oh, that is no good. Blue dye tests are notorious for false positives. Go get a digi or FRER and see what they say. You aren't out until you get your period. FX for you.

Yes, but she doesn't have a false positive. She has a faint negative sign. OP, don't waste anymore money on HPT's. You are definitely not pregnant.

Kelly, Kevin, and Jay Bird - Finally a Family
    TTC from 2009 to 2013 - Male Factor, LPD, Ovulatory Dysfunction, Loss
    3 rounds of Clomid with IUI - BFN
    1 round of Follistim with IUI - BFN
    BFP 5/2011 - M/C due to triploidy - Missing you Brucie
    Moved on to a domestic adoption plan
    Surprise BFP 7/2012 - Baby Bird born 3/13/13 - PERFECTION

• image LollipopsAndCrisps:

image mccleary.11:
    However, I've had cramping, bloating, post nasal drip, an aversion to certain smells, and terrible breath.

I wasn't aware that terrible breath was a symptom of pregnancy. If it is, my grandfather has been KTFU my whole life. 

Bwahahaha!

Kelly, Kevin, and Jay Bird - Finally a Family
    TTC from 2009 to 2013 - Male Factor, LPD, Ovulatory Dysfunction, Loss
    3 rounds of Clomid with IUI - BFN
    1 round of Follistim with IUI - BFN
    BFP 5/2011 - M/C due to triploidy - Missing you Brucie
    Moved on to a domestic adoption plan
    Surprise BFP 7/2012 - Baby Bird born 3/13/13 - PERFECTION

image mccleary.11:

Hahaha! This is too funny. :) 

BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image mccleary.11:

This can actually be a pregancy symptom, but I don't think it happens early, can't remember.

But, OP, if the tests are faint on friday and days later on tuesday, it is negative. By then the color should increase.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • image holly321:
    image LollipopsAndCrisps:

image mccleary.11:

This can actually be a pregancy symptom, but I don't think it happens early, can't remember.

But, OP, if the tests are faint on friday and days later on tuesday, it is negative. By then the color should increase.

Weird tastes in mouth (metallic, etc) can be pregnancy symptoms, but bad breath?

DS1 ~ 2009 DS2 ~ 2011 DS3 ~ 2013 Expecting DS4 ~ 10.1.14

helping my feisty boy thrive despite cricopharyngeal achalasia and silent aspiration

• LOL - let me clarify: bad tastes in my mouth. Not quite metallic-like, but just weird tasting.

Also, yeah, I'm thinking negative, too. :( But it could be because I'm not truly late yet. Darn irregular cycle!!

• I HATE blue dye tests...
    Married my man on June 6, 2009 TTC #1 March of 2012 image

image mccleary.11:

lmao

P/SAIF Welcome

TTC Since 7/2010

TTC with charting, OPK's, etc since 8/2010

RE Appointment 9/9/11 = Unexplained IF. All tests for DH and I normal

2 Clomid + TI cycles = BFN

1 Clomid + IUI = BFN

1 Clomid + Injects + IUI = BFN

IVF #1 take 1 begins 8/6/12.

Surgery to remove uterine polyp 8/28/12 All clear!

Break due to Gallbladder Surgery 9/13/12.

IVF #1 Take 2 begins 9/7/12, Lupron begins 9/23/12
    Stims begin 10/1/12 (150 Units of Bravelle and 75 Units of Menopur)

ER 10/15 12 eggs retreived, 12 mature and 8 fertilized on their own!

ET 10/20/12 Transferred 2 embies, 1 good and 1 fair extended blasts. 3 frosties waiting for us.

Beta #1 10/31 = 756 (11dp5dt)

Beta #2 11/2 = 1,310 (13dp5dt)

Beta #3 11/5 = 4,158 (16dp5dt)

First u/s 11/12 @ 6w = TWINS!! Both with heartbeats.

Next u/s 11/21 @ 7w3d = Both with heartbeats of 162 and 165.

Graduation Day 11/30 = Both babies looking perfect with heartbeats of 182 each.