October 2012 Moms

Hold up, I'm confused

I keep reading on other boards how tame/boring the Oct 12 board is, but now I'm seeing that we have a rep for being nasty. I would really like to know which one it is so that I can play the part correctly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Hold up, I'm confused

• Right?  I missed the initial craziness, caught up, felt super stressed out by it, and now would like a cocktail.  
    My pregnancy blog: Great Texpectations BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lol, me too. Can someone point me to where we are a nasty board? I mean I know I've been trying to do my part to hold up our reputation, but I can't do it alone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea I dont really get it. This board seems to me to be exactly what the boards are intended for... I dont think everyone is overly nice and tells everyone what they want to hear. But also doesnt jump down someones throat for just having difference of opinions...

I like this board :)

• wow I had no idea boards talked about each other lol!
  • Yeah - I had no clue that we had a "history" already after only being around for a few months.  I don't really get where this supposed "nasty" reputation comes from either?

I mean, I've seen plenty of people in their FFFC or UO say they wish our board had more drama! LOL.

Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't really look at other boards...only this one :) But everyone has been super nice and honest! I appreciate honesty! I have found every response to my posts very helpful!
    BabyFruit Ticker ~Cash's Mommy~ image
  • imageAadensMommy2010:

Yeah - I had no clue that we had a "history" already after only being around for a few months.  I don't really get where this supposed "nasty" reputation comes from either?

I mean, I've seen plenty of people in their FFFC or UO say they wish our board had more drama! LOL.

Ask and ye shall receive, apparently.  I would like to be unbloated and rich!  *waits* 

• I always thought it was pretty tame, too. Especially against the Tri boards. We didn't even have our first real DD event happen until yesterday...
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • I'm really confused as to where our nasty rep came from. This board is so over the top P&R sometimes I can hardly stand it. I would love to know what threads gave people this opinion of Oct. That's a BS comment meant to stir the drama pot.

BFP #1 on 8/10/11 EDD 4/21/12~ m/c 8/16/11 at 4w6d
    BFP #2 on 1/15/12 EDD 9/26/12~ m/c 1/22/12 at 4w4d
    BFP #3 on 2/15/12 EDD 10/28/12 BFP Chart
    ~~Baby MDem Born 11/7/12~~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started looking at other boards to see where they mentioned us just to see what our "reputation" they speak of is but I can't find us mentioned... Maybe I'm not looking hard enough!!
  • imageMrsNorry:
    Lol, me too. Can someone point me to where we are a nasty board? I mean I know I've been trying to do my part to hold up our reputation, but I can't do it alone.

I didn't even know where to start with the thread that got attached by all the 3 tri ladies...some of those responses to our fellow Octomoms made me want to start taking out my earrings and break out the Vaseline. How can they come over here and jump down all our throats when I'm sure they've had similar posts in their own BMBs?

Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

• imagebnwilson11:
    I started looking at other boards to see where they mentioned us just to see what our "reputation" they speak of is but I can't find us mentioned... Maybe I'm not looking hard enough!!

I haven't been able to find the exact threads, but I've seen it in the responses to other posts.

• imagebellre:

imageMrsNorry:
    Lol, me too. Can someone point me to where we are a nasty board? I mean I know I've been trying to do my part to hold up our reputation, but I can't do it alone.

I didn't even know where to start with the thread that got attached by all the 3 tri ladies...some of those responses to our fellow Octomoms made me want to start taking out my earrings and break out the Vaseline. How can they come over here and jump down all our throats when I'm sure they've had similar posts in their own BMBs?

Yeah - that's what I don't get?  Where do they get off coming over and essentially "policing" our board.
  • imagebellre:

imagebnwilson11:
    I started looking at other boards to see where they mentioned us just to see what our "reputation" they speak of is but I can't find us mentioned... Maybe I'm not looking hard enough!!

I haven't been able to find the exact threads, but I've seen it in the responses to other posts.

Yeah me too and that's when I started looking. I can't even find one where they linked the calling out thread... 

• Semi-side note: how is that thread still going?!?   I'm exhausted just looking at the post count.  I don't even have the energy to look at the updates.  
  • imagebellre:

imageMrsNorry:

The thread hijackers stirred up way more drama than anyone here did. most of them said things that were far more rude than what any Oct ladies posted. Not to mention, who freaking cares if that cray cray doesn't take her pnv's. Not sure why they felt the need to defend her. The whole thing seems very odd lol.

• imagesassenma:
    Semi-side note: how is that thread still going?!?   I'm exhausted just looking at the post count.  I don't even have the energy to look at the updates.  
    I'm bored at work - wasting time on a Friday afternoon!  Nothing like a 5 page thread to fill your time!
  • Please go to May2012 board and look at "is there a megannmiller here". I guess they all have ChristyML's  back...maybe we should be scared! Haha!!!
  • imagebnwilson11:
    Please go to May2012 board and look at "is there a megannmiller here". I guess they all have ChristyML's  back...maybe we should be scared! Haha!!!
    Oh nooooo....she has minions now! Lol something tells me that no drama will go un-noticed here ever again. We are the mean girls now.

• I've been talking sh!t about you ladies on Nov. '12. Wink Since I don't belong here anymore. Crying
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsMDem:
    imagebnwilson11:
    Please go to May2012 board and look at "is there a megannmiller here". I guess they all have ChristyML's  back...maybe we should be scared! Haha!!!
    Oh nooooo....she has minions now! Lol something tells me that no drama will go un-noticed here ever again. We are the mean girls now.

Aw, crap.  I haven't been a mean girl since junior high!  If I publicly declare that I don't care what vitamins people are/aren't taking, am I exempt from the label?  Or is it too late for me?   

• imagePolishWonder:
    I've been talking sh!t about you ladies on Nov. '12. Wink Since I don't belong here anymore. Crying

You're an honorary member here! 

• imagePolishWonder:
    I've been talking sh!t about you ladies on Nov. '12. Wink Since I don't belong here anymore. Crying
    Bish please...you know we miss your hot azz here

• imagePolishWonder:

Boo, you wh0re.

• imagePolishWonder:

You still belong here! You're only talking sh!t about us because you miss us!! 

• imageMrsNorry:

imagePolishWonder:

You're an honorary member here! 

YAY! I love you girls. My baby will always be a pumpkin. Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesassenma:

imageMrsMDem:
    imagebnwilson11:

Aw, crap.  I haven't been a mean girl since junior high!  If I publicly declare that I don't care what vitamins people are/aren't taking, am I exempt from the label?  Or is it too late for me?   

Too late...damage is done. You're in the club now ;) but for the record, I don't give a sh!t who takes their vitamins or who doesn't. Not my baby.

• imageMrsMDem:
    imagesassenma:

imageMrsMDem:
    imagebnwilson11:

Too late...damage is done. You're in the club now ;) but for the record, I don't give a sh!t who takes their vitamins or who doesn't. Not my baby.

Yep.  I fear this has killed FFFCs forevermore. 

• I think that Octomoms are amazing and this board has not been rude at all, so IMO the other boards should just leave our board alone. As far as the vitamins, I could care less about someone not taking them, its not my kid. I think as far as policing our board thats kinda childish and they should find better things to do with their time. In short we are AWESOME amazing women, and far from rude!
    boots badge
  • imagebnwilson11:

oh brother...get over it May2012!

EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1 photo EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1-1_zps6c64b4ff.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejennadoll87:

imagebnwilson11:

And one of them is saying that one of my posts helped create our "bad reputation."  I am going back and forth between pride and incredulity.  Have I started sh!t here before???  lol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageAngelSong76:
    imagejennadoll87:

imagebnwilson11:

And one of them is saying that one of my posts helped create our "bad reputation."  I am going back and forth between pride and incredulity.  Have I started sh!t here before???  lol 

I think she was talking about someone else because she said "look to one of your own" - I don't think she was saying it was you.
  • imagejennadoll87:

imagebnwilson11:

Yeah, if she wants them to adopt her so badly, they can have her. I doubt anyone here would miss that craziness

• imageAadensMommy2010:
    imageAngelSong76:
    imagejennadoll87:

imagebnwilson11:

I think she was talking about someone else because she said "look to one of your own" - I don't think she was saying it was you.

Did I totally read that wrong?  I thought it said "look AT one of your own."  I was just looking at all my posts and wondering which one was controversial - the one where I complained about my MIL or the one where I said I was conflicted about turning down the NT scan.  Granted, we had a nice debate about SAHM vs WM yesterday, but it never got nasty. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We should make it a weekly goal to lure other boards here.  I had fun yesterday with the TTGP ladies.  Less fun today with May, but still entertaining until my left eye started twitching.  
  • imageMrsMDem:
    imagejennadoll87:

imagebnwilson11:

Yeah, if she wants them to adopt her so badly, they can have her. I doubt anyone here would miss that craziness

I, like you, couldn't care less if she or anyone else is taking their vitamins (personal choice - whatever), but its just dumb not to take them it can be viewed as negligent. yet those gals are so quick to console and tell her she'll be a great mom, we're so mean yada-yada...really? While you're at it, eat a tub of sushi topped with fugu, and wash it down with some jagermeister but don't worry - you'll still be a good mom lol

Why do they lurk here anyway? lmao

EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1 photo EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1-1_zps6c64b4ff.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAngelSong76:
    imageAadensMommy2010:
    imageAngelSong76:
    imagejennadoll87:

imagebnwilson11:

Did I totally read that wrong?  I thought it said "look AT one of your own."  I was just looking at all my posts and wondering which one was controversial - the one where I complained about my MIL or the one where I said I was conflicted about turning down the NT scan.  Granted, we had a nice debate about SAHM vs WM yesterday, but it never got nasty. 

Oh maybe she said "look at one of your own" but I took it as she meant look at one of your Oct Moms - not neccesarily one of your posts. 

FWIW - I don't think you've ever started sh!t here before or have in anyway offended anyone. Smile

• https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/65214073.aspx

Apparently I am a big b!tch for posting this ... sorry  to tarnish all of our reputations! :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJenna3628:

Apparently I am a big b!tch for posting this ... sorry  to tarnish all of our reputations! :-)

that one deserved a gold star!
  • imagejennadoll87:
    imageMrsMDem:
    imagejennadoll87:

imagebnwilson11:

I, like you, couldn't care less if she or anyone else is taking their vitamins (personal choice - whatever), but its just dumb not to take them it can be viewed as negligent. yet those gals are so quick to console and tell her she'll be a great mom, we're so mean yada-yada...really? While you're at it, eat a tub of sushi topped with fugu, and wash it down with some jagermeister but don't worry - you'll still be a good mom lol

Why do they lurk here anyway? lmao

Lmao, one of them even said something like "dont let those b!tches get to you". Really? Now we are all lumped into b!tches? My question is why do they think they have any right to comment on what we do on this board. Honestly I was judging them pretty hard for the ones saying that they are drinking all the time ect. That's tacky. Also, that thread is still going! Geez

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"