3rd Trimester

Lost my mucus plug at 34 weeks

I lost my mucus plug yesterday. I was surprised since I'm 34 weeks. I called my doctor's office and they told me that It could still be two or three weeks before anything happened, call them if my water breaks, blah, blah, blah. I called my mom and she went and jinxed me by saying "well, just don't have him next week since I'm going out of town for a couple of days, haha". I've been in full blown nesting mode for a couple of days, but haven't been able to do much about it because we are still waiting on the bassinet and some other nursery items from my MIL. Plus, I'm not on firm bedrest, but was pulled out of work and told to stay down as much as possible. I've got pregnancy induced tachycardia and palpitations and if I get too active, that gets aggravated. With my first pregnancy (13 years ago) I lost my mucus plug about a week before I went into labor, the day before my due date. With my 2 y/o DD, I was induced at 38 weeks due to blood pressure and hadn't passed it yet. I kinda feel like 2-3 weeks is a bit of a stretch given that this is a 3rd pregnancy. I would rather keep this kid in as long as possible, but it just doesn't feel like it's going to happen. Any other 2tm (or more) go for that long after passing their mucus plug?  (Sorry this is so long!)

Re: Lost my mucus plug at 34 weeks

• Don't know if this is a truth or not, but I have heard...on this board....that the MP can grow back????  Not sure if that is accurate or not, but maybe it is and will be the case in your situation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm almost 34 weeks and I started losing bits of my MP weeks ago... I wouldn't be concerned about going into labor any time soon unless you are exhibiting labor symptoms.
    ----------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Visit The Nest!
    ----------
    "Everything happens for a reason"
    ----------
  • image surprise3rd:
    Don't know if this is a truth or not, but I have heard...on this board....that the MP can grow back????  Not sure if that is accurate or not, but maybe it is and will be the case in your situation.

Lurker.... 

MP Can grow back :) 

ds1 I lost mine at 35 weeks, I was Induced at 41 weeks 

ds2 I lost at 37 weeks, I was induced 40.5 days

To Op, It is possible baby will stay in there for a few more weeks but I have always been induced 

BFP#1 12/20/2005 DS1 08/12/2006
    BFP#2 03/24/2009 Natural M/C 11 wks 05/14/2009
    BFP#3 2/5/2011 ds2 10/12/2011
    BFP#4 4/30/2012 Fetal Demise 16 wks 07/19/2012
    BFP#5 10/19/2012 Chemical PG

"To love is to live" image
  • I've always started losing mine at about 35 weeks and all 3 of mine were born at 41 weeks.
    Erin 2.19.06 - Carter Joseph 5.28.08 - Gavin David 6.16.10 - Liam Michael 4.29.12 - Baby Boy #4 due!
  • I lost mine at 34 weeks and am still waiting for labor to start. My doctor said it isn't always an indication of labor starting soon. Try not to worry!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I lost mine at 22.5 weeks...and no signs of labor so far. My high risk doc said he doesn't think they necessarily grow back, but it just doesn't always mean labor is coming. 

imageimage

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards