2nd Trimester
Options

Adding another baby to the mix

Any 2+ mommies worried about adding another baby to the mix?  I have a 19 month old and I just hope he takes the new addition well this September.  I worry I won't be able to give them both the attention they need. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Adding another baby to the mix

• Options

Yup!  I think it's totally normal.

My DS is 3, will be 3.5 when little sister arrives, and I do worry about this quite a bit.  I'm very into babywearing, so my plan is to babywear as much as possible with LO so that I can still be hands free for DS and spending time with both kiddos at once.  Of course, there's still the issue of being worn out from caring for a NB, and I can only do so much while nursing the baby, but I'm hoping we'll be able to find a good, new "normal" fairly quickly after the birth!

Natural hospital birthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, Baby Led Weaning, milk donating, extended breastfeeding, fully vaxing, extended rear facing SAHM to:
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    SGC29SGC29 member
    Our kids are close in age. DD is almost 19 months now and will be 23 months when DS arrives. I have moments where I start to get a little nervous about juggling it all, but over the last few weeks I've started to feel more calm about it. It will inevitably be an interesting transition but I'm starting to get to that "anxious and really excited" point now. I know there will be tough moments but I can't wait to see my kids together! I think it is totally normal to feel apprehension though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At first, I was very anxious, and even sad and felt bad that DS wouldnt be the only one anymore. However, I can just imagine the future now, with both kiddos playing together, taking care of each other, etc. I remember how much of a blessing it was to have a sister, so I am sure (or can only hope!) DS and this LO will be such a blessing to each others lives.

DS also loves babies. He is currently at an in-home care provider and there is a new baby in the mix, whom he is soooo good with. Even today, he was calling this wierd looking bowling pin toy a "baby" (it was a big bowling pin, and even had a face on it!) and would buckle it in his high chair and try and feed it. DS is such a nurturer so I can see him being a big help with his baby brother/sister. As pp mentioned, I also plan to babywear as much as possible (and figure out how to nurse in it!) so I can be as hands on as possible with DS.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• Options
    ds will be 4.5 years old when this one is born.  that age is nice because he is pretty independent, but i also worry because it has been just us for what seems like such a long time.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imagebyrne15:
    ds will be 4.5 years old when this one is born.  that age is nice because he is pretty independent, but i also worry because it has been just us for what seems like such a long time.

This...my daughter will be 5 when baby comes. Right now she happy but we will see once she starts school and cheer leading.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS is 20 months, he turns 2 a few days before my due date with DS2. Sometimes I worry he'll feel left out and he's too young to really understand all the changes. Then I see him play with other little kids and watch him 'feed' and hug his stuffed animals and it makes me so excited to give him a brother. I can't wait! 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    I'm expecting twins and I am worried about this too! My other kids are older 8,13,15,18 .. but I worry how am I going to give them ALL the attention they need! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I was totally worried when I had number two and it went better then i could have imagined.  DS1 was 21 months and he has loved his little brother since he was in my belly.  The boys are practically inseparable (yes, they have their moments.......they ARE brothers).  I LOVE their age difference allbeit difficult sometimes.  #3 will be here when #2 is 27 months and #1 ia 4y/o.  I again am a little worried about #2 because he is so clingy but I think they will both love the baby too.  There is just an adjustment period but you just need to make sure you have some special alone time with the older on as much as you can and involve them in helping with the baby to make them feel important.
  • Options
    I am very worried about this.  DD will be 22 months when #2 arrives.  I'm so scared she is going to feel left out.  I'm trying to spend as much quality time with her as possible now.  I'm also going to try and include her in as much as we can and  have special time for just her everyday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLouRN09:

At first, I was very anxious, and even sad and felt bad that DS wouldnt be the only one anymore. However, I can just imagine the future now, with both kiddos playing together, taking care of each other, etc. I remember how much of a blessing it was to have a sister, so I am sure (or can only hope!) DS and this LO will be such a blessing to each others lives.

DS also loves babies. He is currently at an in-home care provider and there is a new baby in the mix, whom he is soooo good with. Even today, he was calling this wierd looking bowling pin toy a "baby" (it was a big bowling pin, and even had a face on it!) and would buckle it in his high chair and try and feed it. DS is such a nurturer so I can see him being a big help with his baby brother/sister. As pp mentioned, I also plan to babywear as much as possible (and figure out how to nurse in it!) so I can be as hands on as possible with DS.

This. My LO is 18 months right now. It will definitely be a lot different when there is two. I always try to remember, women have been doing it forever. You will adjust just like you did with your 1st one. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"