Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Recommend your Birth control

Which birth control are you taking? Do you recommend it? I was prescribed ortho tri cyclen lo and have read negative reviews about it. I do realize there are side effects as with any drug. Just want to know what you are taking?

Re: Recommend your Birth control

• Options
    I'm taking Jolivette (generic for Micronor). It doesn't have Estrogen, so I can still breastfeed. So far I have had no problems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How about I not recommend my birth control. I was on Microgestin for about 4 years never had any bad symptoms from it and I took it religiously set according to a daily alarm on my phone, and never missed a pill. When I was 21 I got pregnant and had a miscarriage, they thought it was a fluke thing because it was around my 21st b-day and they thought maybe between me celebrating and me also being sick messed with the effectiveness of it. But then I got pregnant with this baby, no answer as to why the pills didn't work this time. So needless to say after I have my son I will definately be looking for a more effective method.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not planning to do hormonal BC because I was on the pill for over 10 years before getting pregnant so I just feel like I should chill on the consistent hormone use. However, I can personally vouch for Ortho tri cyclen. I was it for years and had no problems. I ended up changing it up later cause I wanted to try something else that might shorten/lighten my period. (Ended up with Loestrin) but I never had any funky side effects from the Ortho.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I use to take ortho lo. I loved it! gave me no problems at all and I was never sick on it. It regulated my period very well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I took Mircette for 10 years before TTC. It's a low dose, but not as low as some newer ones. It was not as rigid of a time schedule as other pills, so if I woke up late, or something, it was no big deal. I even went to Hawaii for a week on it, 6 time zones difference, and my gyno told me not to worry about the time change. No issues at all.
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"