3rd Trimester

Sorry if TMI, painful pimples/bumps outside of vagina?

Hi,

Sorry is this is way TMI, but wondering if anyone has experienced this. In the last week, I have developed painful bumps on the outside of my va-jay-jay.. ! They hurt like they are pimples, or ingrown hairs.. There are about 3 or 4 or them. One is right in the area where my groin meets my thigh, so very painful when I walk! Don't know how to treat them??? Never had this before! 36 weeks pregnant, and sounds silly but too embrassed to ask my male OB...

Re: Sorry if TMI, painful pimples/bumps outside of vagina?

• Its funny you wrote this b/c yesterday when I showered a noticed a bump outside my va-jay-jay too. Honestly, I think it's an ingrown hair b/c I shaved a few days ago and I know it wasn't there before. I've never had a bump down there, but I'm not worried. 

I had my DH check it out and he said it was just a little pink. If it doesn't go away in a couple days, I'll tell my OB about it.  

• Excess moisture, heat and friction equals acne of the hoo-ha.  My OB said to use baby powder or diaper cream morning and night to help.  I still get te bumps, but haven't had any turn painful or into full-on pimples since I started following her advice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have developed some of these as well over the last few weeks.  At a recent OB appointment, I had the midwife check them out and she confirmed that this is just a result of excess moisture.  Yet another perk of being pregnant!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im sure it is just a result of moisture/ pimples/ ingrown hairs.

However, I hate to be the one to point this out but you definitely want to tell your OB about it because if it is genital herpes (which Im hoping its not and Im sure you are fine, but from what you describe it could be), and you are having an active outbreak when it is time for you to deliver, that would change what they would do (ie-possible c section). 

• Same thing has happened to me.  I haven't asked my OB about it yet but I was pretty sure it was from friction down there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Yeah I'm gonna agree with the other poster, its better to let your OB Know about it, kuz if its herpes that is really important to know for the delivery!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sounds like "diaper rash" to me. i had this very badly with my first because i had to wear pads the last few weeks. talk with your ob they may prescribe some heavy duty cream to put down there and make sure to use baby powder and if you have to wear pads or panty liners make sure your always dry down there! hope this helps and hope those bumps go away!
  • I also had that and they swabbed it and sent it away to make sure it wasn't an infection or something that could effect delivery and need a c section.

it was just an ingrown hair but it was very painful and gross

• imageCuteBride8808:

Im sure it is just a result of moisture/ pimples/ ingrown hairs.

However, I hate to be the one to point this out but you definitely want to tell your OB about it because if it is genital herpes (which Im hoping its not and Im sure you are fine, but from what you describe it could be), and you are having an active outbreak when it is time for you to deliver, that would change what they would do (ie-possible c section). 

Wow. Did you really just scare this mother with making her think she might have a herpes simplex outbreak? Good Lord.

They are sebaceous cysts....caused by excess moisture and friction. Warm compresses and drying astringent ( be careful not to get it in your hoo-ha...also just be careful if it has salicylic acid in it)  will help clear them up. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrs+harlow:
    imageCuteBride8808:

Thank you for all of your info. I am pretty sure it would likely just be ingrown hairs, cysts, or acne from moisture. To be honest, hubby and I haven't even had sex in over 6 months due to some pregnancy issues, so I really dont think its herpes... :) I will try the astringent and baby powder and keep myself dryer. I am definitely always wetter down there and also use a lot of wipes to feel cleaner so perhaps the moisture from the wipes is causing them as well...

Wow. Did you really just scare this mother with making her think she might have a herpes simplex outbreak? Good Lord.

They are sebaceous cysts....caused by excess moisture and friction. Warm compresses and drying astringent ( be careful not to get it in your hoo-ha...also just be careful if it has salicylic acid in it)  will help clear them up. 

• imagemrs+harlow:
    imageCuteBride8808:

Herpes is actually WAY more common than people like to admit or talk about.  I don't think she was trying to scare her at all, just offering helpful info.  Herpes was actually my first guess too when I read the OP.  There are several different kinds of it, and LOTS of women (and men) are carriers of some form or another.  It can also remain dormant for a long time, so having an outbreak at any given time doesn't necessarily mean it was contracted from recent sex.  Pregnancy is actually a very common time for the virus to become active in women who've been carrying it without knowing it.

• Be careful with baby powder, I was using it for moister but then started to itch and got really sore. I talked to my ob and the baby powder fed a yeast infection so now I have multiple problems. I dont know if I was already getting one and the powder got where it wasnt supposed to and made it worse, or if the powder caused it. Either way just be careful with the powder. Hope everything clears up
  • @snclem7564 why bump a two year old thread?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"