April 2012 Moms

?

people are telling my that cuz i am at 3cm and at 90% that i should go to L&D...what do u guys think..... i have pains off and on and my belly gets tight... but i am not in alot of pain..and people r telling me that when my labor hits that its really going to hit...so idk

Re: ?

• The only way you would know those facts are because a doctor told you them. If the doctor didn't tell you to go to L&D, then you don't need to go to L&D unless new symptoms have arisen. When did your doctor tell you to go to L&D? That's the person I would listen to the most.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • While I agree with the above poster, it also depends on the situation. If it were me I may go to L&D but that is because I am GBS+ and do not want to risk not having the antibiotics to keep my baby safe, if they send me home oh well. But if I didn't have this issue then I would not go. I am 2cm and fully efaced but no pains and didn't lose any water so here I am.
    Married on October 29, 2005. TTC right away, after 5 years of BFN's started IF. Got BFP on first round of Clomid October 15, 2010. MC October 25, 2010. Clomid and BFN on Nov, Dec 2010. Switched RE's and started Follistim, Ovidril and progesterone in Feb. BFP February 2011. Ectopic pregnancy. Had to wait a few months. Started TTC again in July. BFP August 19, 2011. Our Rainbow miracle was born on April 24, 2012. Welcome to the world, sweet baby Willow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

• Before my labor with DD I was 3 cm, 100% effaced and my labor was still 16 hours from first contraction to delivery.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• You can be 3 cm for weeks.  I believe most hospitals will send you home until you're 5 cm.  I would go by contractions.  Are they timeable?  If they are 5 min apart, lasting for 1 minute and you've had them like this for 1 hour that's when you should go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was 3 and 80 for a week an a half before I went into labor. Go when your dr said to as far as timing contractions goes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mos3Mos3
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm 4cm and 80% effaced and my doctor told me to only go to L&D when contractions are 3-4 minutes apart or my water breaks.  Neither have happened yet and this is baby #2 for me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • that doesn't mean much you can walk around like that for weeks

once you have timable contractions 3-5 minutes apart then go in