July 2012 Moms

Yup - It's GD

So I just got back from doing my 3 hour glucose test.  Well only 2 since my first two results came back high.  I can't express how absolutely annoyed that I am.  I can't help but be angry at the fact that I can't control this.  So I'm going to throw my little tantrum today and then start working on my diet and exercise tomorrow.  If you're out there and you're feeling the same way, don't feel like you're being irrational when everyone tells you that you shouldn't be upset.  Express how you feel and move past it to deal with it. 

and I really feel for the people I work with today, but I know that tomorrow I'll be back to my normal cheery (and don't forget waddling) self.

Rachel

Re: Yup - It's GD

• Oh no!  That stinks :( 

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• You will be fine.

I have GD too so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Green Cleaning Recipes
    ~Be a Good Wife ~ Updated 3.30.12 - Smell Like A Dirty Hippy
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • How are you managing yours?  Everyone I speak to that has or has had it is totally different. 
  • i am on insulin
    Green Cleaning Recipes
  • I just talked to the doctor's office.  They're going to try and monitor it with diet and exercise.  Anyone have any suggestions on a food list of what's allowed and what's not?  My head is spinning from the American Diabetes Association site.
  • image sinndixie:
    I just talked to the doctor's office.  They're going to try and monitor it with diet and exercise.  Anyone have any suggestions on a food list of what's allowed and what's not?  My head is spinning from the American Diabetes Association site.
    sure thing!

So the rules:

Eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Eat 6 oz of meat a day (this one is still WTF?! 6 oz for the ENTIRE DAY!!!???) - 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter count as meat

Eat 4 servings of fat a day (1 serving = 5 grams) - cream cheese, nuts and oils are the ones I usually eat)

Eat 3, 1 carb serving snacks a day (1 carb serving = 15 grams)

Eat 3 carb servings for breakfast and lunch

Eat 4 carb servings for dinner

So a typical day for me looks like this:

B - 7am - 1 whole wheat english muffin, 1 tablespoon light cream cheese, 8 oz 2% milk

S - 10am - 1 special K bar

L - 12:30pm - 2 cups salad greens with 2 tablespoons walnuts, 2 tablespoons blue cheese, 2 tablespoons oil and vinegar dressing, 1 carb serving of crackers (differs in number of crackers by brand), 1/2 cup baby carrots and 1 small can of V8

S - 3pm - yogurt

D - 6pm - 4 oz meat, 1 cup salad greens, 2/3 cup brown rice, 1/2 peas, corn, or taters, 8 oz milk

S - 9pm 1/2 cup ice cream

Green Cleaning Recipes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards