I need help troubleshooting what is wrong with LO. I feel like there may be a couple of issues but want opinions.This may be all over the place so I'm going to try to make it as clear as possible - bullet points seem to be most helpful
Here are the issues/facts:
- We transitioned to his crib last week.
- He has gone from waking up once a night (around 3am) to twice (10/11pm and 3/4am). He typically goes to bed around 7pm.
- When he wakes up, we give him a bottle and he finishes the whole thing. So I do think he is truly hungry, not just waking up to wake up.
- He has a bumpy but not really red diaper rash.
- At daycare, he typically eats 4 oz every 2-3 hours. Daycare was saying that it is closer to 2 hours usually. At home on the weekends, it is every 3 hours.
- Yesterday, he ate his morning bottle fine but then refused his next bottle. He went 5 hours in between feedings and then only ate 2.5 oz of his next bottle (all at daycare).
- He also slept way more than usual at daycare.
- When we got home, he had a 4 oz bottle, drained it. Then about 2 hours later, right before bed, he had another 4 oz bottle and drained it.
- Typically, he gets 4 oz bottles during the day, then a 6 oz bottle before bed. I've been giving him (1) 6 oz and (1) 4 oz bottle during his two night feedings. He eats them all pretty well - definitely always finishes the 4 oz.
Here are my questions/concerns:
- I think he may be starting to teeth. Does that usually cause more sleeping/less eating? He has been more cranky than usual, also.
- If he is teething, I don't think that is what is waking him up at night (at 10/11pm) because he finishes a whole bottle and isn't just up to cry and fuss. BUT does that mean he isn't getting enough calories/formula intake during the day? Typically, he will only eat the 3-4oz at daycare. I've tried to increase his first-thing-in-the-morning bottle to 6 oz but he won't take more the 4oz.
- I don't mind the additional wake up at all. I just don't want him to be waking up because I'm doing something wrong (if that even makes sense).
I know this all just may be a phase and I guess that is what I'm looking for. Is it a phase or is there something that I need to fix?