10 Weeks Pregnant

10 weeks, 1 day

Hello fellow 10-weekers!  For the most part I feel good, still very tired but not as sick, except for when I brush my teeth! Ugh.  I have my second appointment tomorrow so I am hoping to hear a heartbeat.  I am also getting ready to submit my blood work for the Down Syndrome testing, praying all comes out well :)  Everyone that has told me advice says that the second trimester is so much better than the first, so here is hoping we all find our energy soon!

Courtney

Re: 10 weeks, 1 day

• I am 10 weeks today, and I am so glad to hear the teeth brushing illness thing is not just me! Twice a day when I brush my teeth, I feel like I am going to lose it, and actually have a few times! So weird!! Thanks for sharing.. good to know I am not alone on this!! If anyone has any suggestions on a more tolerable pregnant-friendly toothpaste, let me know! ~ Jessica
  • Sorry mommies about the queasiness when you are brushing your teeth. Good thing is we are only about 2 weeks from being in our second trimester which will hopefully bring a bit more relief! I am sitting pretty at 10 weeks 5 days and because I am really looking forward to telling people about our Suprise bundle of joy on the way, I have 9 days before I hit week 12! Woohooo. Oddly enough my husband has 5 other siblings and we are the only ones who has given his mom any grandchildren so I can't wait to see how happy she is going to be! Well other mommies, here is wishing you a wonderful weekend and a safe and happy pregnancy!

Samsonite Stick out tongue

• Loading the player...
  • The teeth brushing sickness only happens if I brush my tongue too well or gargle.  More of a gag reflex.  I feel like I've been hit by the tired truck this week.  I'm lucky if I'm up until 830 and get more than 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep these days.

• I totally understand your tiredness -- thankfully, it's been one of my only symptoms.  I've never heard of the getting sick when you brush your teeth thing -- but from the posts here, it looks common.  I hope everything's well with you and your little one!
  • I find it funny that brushing my teeth seems to be the only thing STOPPING my hurling these days. Bad breath or things on my tongue are just not working for me right now. I think I have gone threw almost a full large bottle of the alcohol free mouth wash (Have an oral peircing that is still healing hence, no burny stuff for me)

I just hit 10 weeks today my self and I am already not able to wear belts at work, due to my tummy. Gotta love the growing bump! At least it means that the morning sickness will pass soon right? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hello! I am 10 weeks 2 days today (due Dec 15) and I am so glad that I am not the only one dealing with the teeth brushing sickness! I thought it was so strange because none of my friends had experienced that with any of their pregnancies! Also, my 'morning sickness' (worst name ever!) has been happening primarily in the evening. It started about mid-week 6 and was pretty much all day. Lately it has been only from about 8pm on. I have to seriously think about what I eat past 8pm because otherwise I might be seeing it again. :-/ My dentist said that if I am having a hard time brushing my teeth at night it might be beneficial to just use a flouridated mouthwash instead of brushing because all that throw up can damage the teeth over time. Haven't tried it yet- so we'll see! Good luck to everyone!

• Toms.!!!! It's an organic brand that does wonders.!;
  • I had the problem when brushing my teeth also. I talked to my dentist about it and they recommended me using Colgate Total. It seems to help some. I was using Crest with whitening before. I still gag sometimes if i brush to long without spitting. Good Luck everyone.
  • Definitely with you on the tiredness, I actually had to quit my job which i traveled 60 miles one way to get to because I was falling asleep behind the wheel. this week it is no better for me, but hoping for a change soon!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"