October 2012 Moms

Pregnancy tea

So, in order for me to have a home birth vba3c I had to get a midwife....natural path. I'm not against them just not use to their ways... So fast forward. I'm at a prenatal visit and she talks about this pregnancy tea....apparently it makes your uterus stronger.......well of course I said ...yes she pulls out this bag and it looks like pot.....i wish I could load a picture from my phone! This stuff better work :)
very hopeful on a vba3c!!!! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pregnancy tea

• I hope it's yummy!!

Is vba3c mean vbac after 3 c/s?? If so, what is your reason now for wanting a VBAC vs. #2 and 3?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes after 3. Because no one ever told ....me that it was possible. I figured the doctors just want cs because it is easier. sucks I just learned but hope I can do it. The only reason I believe I had a cs was because I was in labor by pitocin for over 35 hours and didn't progress after 7cm. Probably since I was strapped to the bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • How do you prepare yours? I boil two cups of water then take 1 tblspn and put it in a coffee filter tie it with a new rubber band....then pour boiling water through clean coffee maker and put the tea in the bottom of the coffee pot then turn it then let it sit for 1hr.
  • What is this tea and where can I get it? I wan tot try it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • efs83efs83 member
    Sounds like raspberry leaf, its not bad with a little sugar! My midwife also recommended it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOVE pregnancy yea, especially when it's cold out but it's good iced too. 

most common blends do include raspberry leaf as it's the most popular uterine tonic herb there is for pregnancy. they also often include nettle leaf which is full of vitamins and minerals for mama and baby. they usually also include some mint (spearmint, peppermint, lemon balm) for both tastiness and digestive assistance.

traditional medicinals brand has a great pregnancy tea that you can get at whole foods or most health shops, otherwise buying those herbs in bulk and making your own blend is good too.

i either use the traditional medicinals tea bags or a french press for bulk herbs.

can you tell i'm a total herb-nerd? :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"