1st Trimester

heartbroken

We had our first appointment today.  "Math wise" I was supposed to be 9 weeks, due in October.  During the ultrasound, my doctor found 2 sacks, no heartbeat and the baby only measured at 6 weeks. 

I am heartbroken.  My husband is too.  I've never been through something like this.  I went in with high hopes and very excited.  We were sent out with blood work do be done and a miscarriage to look forward to over the weekend.

I had my HCG levels checked today and will have them checked again on Friday and then an appointment again on Tuesday to get the results if I don't "pass it naturally" over the weekend.

I don't know why I feel the need to tell you this.  But I want you to know that I am happy for you and your new little life.  God bless.

Re: heartbroken

• Read some of the other posts on here...and try not to freak out just yet...I have read that sometimes you cant see the baby that early (or hear a heartbeat for that matter) that early on. As the egg sac eventually becomes the baby--and then the sac goes away to turn into the placenta....praying for you--whatever the outcome that you are at peace...God has a reason for all He does--even if we dont know what that is.

But, until you have your levels checked agian, try to stay calm and be "neutraL" if you are too scared or nervous to be "positive".  Praying for you...God Bless. Keep me posted, please.

• I'm so sorry. I lost my first 4 early on. Don't lose hope. Just take time to heal and recover from this pain and when you are ready, try again. There is a Loss board on the bump that is very supportive if you feel like talking here. Best of luck to you in the future.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm very sorry dear...thoughts and prayers for you and your husband
  • I am very sorry for your loss
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Very sorry :( My thoughts and heart are with you.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest! image
  • I am so, so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage in November, and I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain. Stay close to your husband during this time and allow yourself to grieve and heal. Praying for you...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • sbazsbaz member

so so sorry for your loss. went through this back in the fall and it was heartbreaking. the miscarriage/loss board is great and supportive and you should definitely check it out. ...and when you're ready, you'll be back here in no time.

thoughts and prayers for you guys ::hugs:: 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Thank you all for your support.  I am not ready to look at the loss board just yet.  My husband is trying to stay positive, if nothing else to not see more of my tears.  It's been a long day with a giant headache.

Again, Thank you all Broken Heart
  • I'm so sorry for your loss...
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ((huge hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss! The ladies on the Miscarriage/Loss board and TTCAL are an awesome support if you are looking for additional support. Again, I am soooo sorry!

• So sorry for your loss!  Sending prayers for you and your husband!
  • Oh no :( I'm so sorry for your loss.

• So very sorry. T&P with you. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so very sorry for your loss. I hope you find all the comfort and strength you need in such a difficult time. My thoughts and prayers go with you.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  (HUGS)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Did the doc tell you to expect a miscarriage? I am pregnant with twins and they couldn't find the yolk or the heartbeats until around 8-9 weeks. All they could see before then was the two sacs that looked empty! I am a little over 20 weeks now and both my babies are doing just fine. Twins run smaller .. just so you know! I too thought I was further along because of my last period but according to their measurements I am not. 

Don't count this pregnancy out!!!  You might just be pregnant with twins who are waiting to make their debut appearance!

Good luck .. hang in there!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • So sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts, prayers and hugs your way.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel and I can only tell you that it doesn't feel like it now but time will help you heal this wound. (hugs)
  • Very sorry to hear but try to stay positive :) Our bodies are amazing things and so are those lil beings that grow inside of us...I have my fingers crossed for you!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageDenaRenee78:

Did the doc tell you to expect a miscarriage? I am pregnant with twins and they couldn't find the yolk or the heartbeats until around 8-9 weeks. All they could see before then was the two sacs that looked empty! I am a little over 20 weeks now and both my babies are doing just fine. Twins run smaller .. just so you know! I too thought I was further along because of my last period but according to their measurements I am not. 

Don't count this pregnancy out!!!  You might just be pregnant with twins who are waiting to make their debut appearance!

Good luck .. hang in there!  

He did tell me to expect a miscarriage. He was not hopeful at all. He found 2 sacs and 1 baby. The baby measured at 6 weeks with no heartbeat.

A good friend of mine keeps joking with me, trying to tell me that because they are twins they are smaller, and that's why there is no heartbeat. That they are shy.

Try as I might, I haven't been able to get over the fact that there wasn't a heartbeat.  And I know that's breaking my husbands heart.  I'm trying really hard to concentrate on the fact that I haven't bled at all, and that the pee stick at the doctor's office didn't need the 3 minutes before the 2 lines were bright and clear.  I'm praying that the HCG numbers come back high both times (or whatever they're supposed to be) and that he sees something positive next Tuesday.

I love you for being so positive!  Good Luck with your babies!!
  • i am so sorry for your loss
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending T&Ps your way!
  • I understand your pain. May 2011 My husband & i were trying to concieve and we were sucsessful. We concieved no only one, but twins! We were overly ecstatic. My twins were a high risk twins though. They were both in their own sacks but shared the same placenta, which they faught over food. Well, i was really sick & they sucked the life out of me, Literally. I concieved them at 131lbs and went down to 115lbs. we went to our regular check up and there was no heart beat in both my babies. I was 18 Weeks along. I delivered them the next day on September 14, 2011. The hardest thing ive ever had to go through!! But dont give up hope. No a new pregnancy will not replace your baby, but you can try again. We never lost hope of concieving again And yesterday we found out were 4 Weeks pregnant with another blessing. I know its hard, but youll have another blessing again too. Keep your head up. Your in my Preyers<3
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am so sorry for this pain you are going through. I had a mc just last month and it's still hurts. But faith, friends and family were enough to pull me through and give me strength.  May God bless you and keep you in His care through this hard time. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Oct Angel Babies
  • I can only imagine what you and your husband are going through. The devestation in finding out such news.

My heart goes out to you. I hope you and your husband find peace with this storm and time of trial. Bring each other comfort and you can make it through this.

My prayers and best wishes goes out to you and your husband.

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am thinking of you and very, very sorry.

I'm Britt. Me 29 | MH 29 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
  • Oh sweetie I'm so very sorry ((hugs))
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• So sorry for your loss.

• I am so, so sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"