Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What do you want to teach DC?

Skills/values/etc?

I want to teach DD to be an independent woman in the sense that she doesn't rely on others to get through life. I want to teach her self respect, and to never settle for second best. On the same token, I don't want her to be ashamed to ask for help.

I don't necessarily want to teach her art skills per se, but I'd like to instill my creative genes in her. I want to let her fingerpaint as soon as she's old enough, even though people tell me I'm crazy for this! I want to teach her to cook, sew, manage her money sensibly, and to be confident.

I also want to avoid teaching her my bad relationship with food. I don't want her to obsess over her weight and how she looks, but I'd like to teach her how to take care of her body with respect. I'd like to teach her to respect others and their property, and to treat people with kindness. I also don't want to teach her racism, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.

What do you want to teach your DC? 

Re: What do you want to teach DC?

• To be kind and generous. And I want to instill a love of reading and good self esteem. No diet talk in front of DD!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I want DD to always have a sense of inner peace and calm because too many people get worked up over small things. In fact I want her to know how important it is to have a sense of humour.

I also want her to be well traveled. It's important to me that she doesn't just sit idly in her own corner of the world without knowing a thing about the world around her. I want her to be very familiar with other cultures, customs and languages.

I want her to be kind. I will teach her to give to others as much as she can.

• Loading the player...
  • What I most want to teach my DS is what to look for in a wife. I've always heard that boys want a woman like their mothers and I certainly married someone that was a lot like my father. This has really improved my marriage. I try to think to myself, would I want Ashton's future wife to treat him like this? And it really changes my perspective.

I want to teach him good old fashioned manners, and how to treat a lady. I know my husband will do a fantastic job about how to treat women as well as how to be a hard worker.

I think it is really perfect that I had a boy. I have such body issues with myself that I am terrified to pass on.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How to ride a horse! I can't wait till he is old enough to climb up in the saddle! I hope he will love animals, and I want to teach him to be kind to them I always say "nice, nice" when he is near our dog or cats.

I think it is important to have confidence but not be too cocky. Treat women like they are precious. Teach him how to love others and not be cruel or mean to others.

Oh, and baseball! I hope he loves the cubbies!

• Confidence, independence (my son will know how to clean!), love & kindness. ?The importance of forgiveness. ?The mindset that everyone was created equal. ?To accept & embrace the differences in people, it's what makes us who we are. ?To always keep an open mind and be slow to anger. ?And to always remember that friends come and go but family is forever. ?I want him to have good manners, please, thank you & to always open a door for someone or offer help if someone is in need. ?I also want him to know the importance of self control and not being a follower, I want him to know how dangerous drugs are & to know he can always come to me & his father. ?

But most importantly, I want him to know that he's loved unconditionally, and he will always be our little boy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"