Babies: 9 - 12 Months

poll: how many trick-or-treaters?

We only had 2 kids at the door this year (1 group)!!

Our first year here, we ran out of candy.  The second year, we had 6 groups.  It's so inconsistent... I bought a bag of candy at Costco for 2 kids!  LOL  Thankfully, my friend ran out of candy and was able to take ours instead of buying more.  We kept "some" in case more kids came and now I have a BASKET full to eat tomorrow.  Big Smile

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: poll: how many trick-or-treaters?

• we were at a friends but I left out a huge bag of candy and a sign to take some.. totally expecting it to be completely empty by the time we got out. It was still 1/2 full though and no more trick-or-treaters! I was shocked! (must not have had any teens come by ;) But that's more candy for me and DH ;)
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • I think only like 4 sets of kids came to our house. But we took DD TOTing and she was a blue crab, on the front of her costume it said "crabby" and boy was she. She tripped once and didn't get hurt, but since that fall, she whined and cried the rest of the way. Worked well with her costume (LOL)!
  • Loading the player...
  • We only had about 20 kids, but they came in like 4 large groups so it was over very quickly. BUT I was also upstairs getting the girls to bed for about 20 mins in the middle of prime trick or treating time, so we might have missed some.

We have more candy than anyone should ever have... my kids each got a huuuuge amount.

• about 10. :(  I asked DH if kids even trick or treat anymore?!
    DS- 4 years old, Natural m/c @ 7 weeks-12/1/09. Infertility issues- low ovarian reserve- low AMH and high FSH. Looking into adoption. Trying to figure out where to go with your little one? My favorite website is: Trekaroo AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I dunno.  We were at a party, but we left 250 suckers at the door.  I'm dying to know if we had that many kids (I had a sign saying please take two candies) or just one pudgy little teenager took em all Stick out tongue
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Out trick or treating was last Sunday, so it doesn't even feel like Halloween today to me! Bring on Thanksgiving! :)
  • We had a ton - actually only have a few pieces of candy left, thankfully.  Last year, we barely had any because of the smoke left in the air from the fires in San Diego (we live just north of the San Diego county).  I was really disappointed because we did a bunch of cool decorating and it was our first year in our house.  We also had a TON of candy left.

This year was a totally different story.  The kids were so polite.  It was great.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We had like 10, now I have a bucket of candy to snack on.
  • imageLMS618:
    Out trick or treating was last Sunday, so it doesn't even feel like Halloween today to me! Bring on Thanksgiving! :)

Why was it last Sunday???

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Not sure how many came while we were out (we went to a closed street party/mall event for an hour or so), but starting at 4:30 and ending at 8p (gone from 5-6), we had about 6 or 7 groups and maybe a total of about 20 kids. ?We closed up early to drive home (we were handing out candy at MILs) since we have an early day tomorrow. ?Most of the houses we drove by were dark. ?It was pretty sad.
  • We had about 100 kids.  It was crazy.  We sat out on the front steps with the candy bowl.  There was no point going inside just to come back out every few minutes.
  • We had about 100 or so.  And we weren't home from 7-7:30 (taking pictures at a family members house), so we probably missed a bunch then too. At least I got rid of most of my candy.
  • we had about 120 kids.  they totally wiped us out.  and i was so looking forward to the leftovers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went through about 6.5 bags of candy(but really, now a days, how much candy is in a bag?)- but I tell kids to take 2, and I think there were maybe 50-60 kids between 6:30 & 7:30pm.  We close shop around then as it's my bday and we usually go out to dinner.  There were a lot more still going up and down our street when we left. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • bought a bag of 126 candy...

gave 1 to each trick or treater and ran out!

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We had tons and ran out of candy before it was over.  We live in a big neighborhood with lots of kids and it was a great evening weather wise.

• We probably had 20-25.... 100 seems like a ton!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

miscarriage at 8 weeks - August 2009
  • we probably had 25-30 trick or treaters.  I thought we would have more, but Dh is happy because he has alot of candy for himself now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"