2nd Trimester
Options

Nail Polish

Where can I buy nail polish that is safe to use??

Re: Nail Polish

• Options
    I wasn't aware there were unsafe nail polishes?
  • Options
    irerirer member
    You can use any kind, just don't eat it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha ok I wasn't planning on drinking it!  I just assumed that the fumes and chemicals were not good to be exposed to.  Thanks!!
  • Options
    Don't drink it or inhale the fumes and you can use any nail polish you want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Nail polishes have chemicals like formaldehyde that are not safe to use on pregnant ladies as it enters your blood stream.  Some people still use it just as some people continue to dye their hair. 

I would also be concerned about nail polish removers as those are also unsafe.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    most of the regular name brand ones sold in the US are formaldihyde free.  just make sure you read the lable (if it's not listed i wouldn't buy it) and then use in a well ventilated area.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    I've been using Zoya since getting pregnant.  It is free of all chemicals and its a good polish too Smile
    BabyFetus Ticker image image image image
  • Options
    imageTravelSnob:

Nail polishes have chemicals like formaldehyde that are not safe to use on pregnant ladies as it enters your blood stream.  Some people still use it just as some people continue to dye their hair. 

I would also be concerned about nail polish removers as those are also unsafe.

Most doctors will tell you that it's safe to dye your hair after the first tri is over.

• Options

i have never ever heard of nail polish being bad for pregnant women.  hair dye, yes, but not nail polish.  thats a little absurd

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Just make sure they are 3-free (free of the three dangerous chemicals previously used in nail polish).  Brands that I use that I know are most safe include Essie, OPI and Zoya.

• Options

imageMammaG27:
    I've been using Zoya since getting pregnant.  It is free of all chemicals and its a good polish too Smile

This- I've fallen madly in love with Zoya since being pregnant.  FWIW- not all nail polish companies have removed the chemicals- if you're going over the counter companies like Sally Hansen and OPI have removed the questionable substances.

• Options
    zoya is great.. is 3 free.   i think essie is as well and OPI (green label) is also.  just double check the labels.  Utla sells zoya..8 bucks.  There is also butter london (also at ulta) but it is $22
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"