2nd Trimester
Options

dinner for 8

This Friday DH and I are bringing a dinner to a family from church who just had a baby. They have 5 kids, and her mom is staying with them-so that makes 3 adults, 5 kids.

What would you make for this amount of people, and thats easy?

Re: dinner for 8

• Options
    lasagna, spaghetti, some sort of casserole? like chicken and rice with the cream of mushroom soup?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    irerirer member
    lasagna, baked ziti, or shepherd's pie
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Casseroles are super easy or lasagna. With that many people maybe two pans. if you do dessert go with brownies or something thats an individual kinda thing and not messy. Maybe a tossed salad but remember serving utensils, napkins, dressings. nonsense like that. Usually the more complicated the meal the more things to keep track of and I dont know how your pregnancy brain is treating you but mine is not so good :) Have fun :)
  • Options
    I'm with everyone else.  Lasagna was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    Lasagna, casserole or some kind of pasta bake and a nice salad with lots of veggies.
  • Options

All good ideas!  If it were me,  I would bring two whole roasted chickens, 2 bags of salad and a double batch of rice or throw 10 potatoes in the oven and bring over baked potatoes keep them wrapped in foil and put them in a double brown paper grocery bag.  They will stay hot for 2+ hours. 

I remember when I had my second, my mom's group organized dinner delivery for me and we got about 10 lasagnas.  We still ate it and were so grateful for it, but now when I bring a new mom dinner I try to avoid a pasta based dish.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm a fan of easy slow cooker meals.  We throw some chicken breasts in the slow cooker, cover with salsa and cook on low for 8 hours or so.  Then we have it as tacos, burritos, taco salad, etc.  That might be something easy to bring with a couple bags of tortillas, chopped lettuce, avocados or guacamole, and some rice.

BTW, it's really sweet that you're doing this.  Nobody thought to bring us meals when we had my DS and it would have been the biggest help. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"