Babies: 0 - 3 Months

She wouldn't sleep if she wasn't tired, right?

DD was up at 6:30 this morning. She napped from 8:15 to 9:00 and then she ate. She napped for 30 minutes or so while I was at the YMCA (between 9:30 and 10:30). She then napped while I showered from 11-11:45. She ate at 12:15 and fell asleep right after. She woke up around 12:45 and we played and then she started to get fussy, so I put her in her swing. When I put her in her swing, she is out within 5 minutes. I just feel bad like I'm being a lazy mom since I am letting her sleep so much. But I guess she wouldn't sleep if she wasn't tired, right?? (My son did not sleep this much during the day at her age, that's why I'm a little unsure!)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: She wouldn't sleep if she wasn't tired, right?

• Every baby is different.  I'm sure she's fine.  She may be going through a growth spurt, where it seems like all they want to do is sleep and eat.  My newborn doesn't want to sleep a whole lot in the afternoons right now, but he just hit a month old.  Makes it tough with a 2 year old to get stuff done.  I would just enjoy the quiet time.  If she keeps doing it and you get concerned a quick call to her doctor for reassurance never hurt anything.
  • Thanks - We actually have her 2 month appointment in an hour. I calculated over the last 23 hours, she's slept 14 of them (including a 5.5 hour stretch followed by 2.5 hours overnight). Thank you for the reassurance :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Our doctor told us that it is normal for our baby to sleep up to 23 hours a day for the first month or so. :-) Our DD sleeps a lot as well, I wouldn't feel bad or worry.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"