Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Clothing and diaper size

My son will be 7 weeks on Monday and is still in newborn diapers.  I think we are transitioning from newborn clothes to 0-3 as he is very long.  I was curious to see how many LOs are still in NB clothing and/or diapers and how old?

Re: Clothing and diaper size

• my son will be going to size1 in diapers soon, he is only 4 days old, but weighs almost 10 pounds. I guess it just depends on his size.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • My DD is in size 1 diapers already and has been for maybe 2 weeks now but she is still in newborn clothing as she was only 17 1/2 inches at birth and all of the 0-3 clothing is WAY too long on her. I don't know what we're going to do when the newborn size is tight everywhere else haha.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • My DS will be 6 weeks on Sunday and is approx. 10 lbs now.  While he's still able to fit into his newborn sleepers, we are slowly transitioning to his 0-3 months clothes. We switched to size 1 diapers about 2 weeks ago due to a post I read about newborn dipes and blowouts.  To save myself the mess, I switched to bigger dipes that can hold bigger poops!
    Feb'12 March Siggy Challenge - Lucky Charm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #3 - 05.20.11, EDD - 01.31.12, Logan is here! 02.05.12
    BFP #2 - 03.16.11, M/C 03.24.11
    BFP #1 - 10.17.10, Blighted Ovum dx, M/C 01.09.11
  • DD will be 7 weeks on Sat, and she weighed in today at 9 lbs exactly, and was measured last week at 21 inches.

We are just starting to get out of the NB diapers - the Pampers NB still fit fine, but the Huggies NBs are way too small.  That said, the Pampers 1s are huge, and the Huggies 1s seem to fit perfectly right now.

We just noticed the other day that most of her NB size clothing is getting too short so we pulled out the stash of 0-3 stuff. I really should have compared actual sizes though, instead of just looking at the tags because it looks like a lot of the 0-3 stuff is the same size as the NB stuff that doesnt fit anymore... 

BabyFruit Ticker

• DD will be 6 weeks on Sunday.  We just started putting her in 0-3 clothes this week.  Her newborns were getting too short in the arms and legs even though she still had room around the middle.  Not sure how much she weighs, I'd guess between 9 to 10 pounds.  We also just started with size 1 diapers.  We were out of newborn size and I didn't want to buy another pack when they were getting somewhat small and I have several packs of 1s already.

• DS is still wearing nb diapers at 5.5 weeks but has been wearing his 0-3 month clothes for over a week (except for pants he still wears his nb size as the 0-3 wont stay up).  He is long (22 inches at his one month check up) and skinny at his waist (9lbs 8oz). 
    IVF #1 - DS #1 Born 2/5/12 IVF #2 - Egg Retrieval 2/14, Embryo Transfer 2/17, BFP 2/28/13 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD moved to size 1 diapers this week because they hold more although newborn still fit. I broke out the 0-3 month clothes because her nb ones were snug with the larger diaper. She looks like she's swimming! She's just over 9 weeks and around 9 pounds.
  • D is 7 weeks today and we moved to Size 1s a few weeks ago when we ran out of newborn diapers. She's been in 0-3 month clothes for a few weeks as well. She's pretty long and she's already filling out (length-wise) some of the 0-3s. When she was weighed a week ago, she was 10lbs 6 oz. We haven't measured her length recently, but at 2 weeks old, she was 22 inches. 
  • My son is 8 weeks old and in 3-6month clothes and size 2 diapers. He is a chunky 15 and 1/2 lbs. I think it depends on the child. My daughter was in nb diapers for what seemed like a long time. My son however was in size 1 by the time we left the hospital
  • My DD stopped wearing NB diapers around 11 weeks, but she was still wearing NB clothes for another couple weeks after that.  She'll be 5 months on Sunday and she's wearing size 1 diapers and still in 0-3 mos clothes...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards