Trouble TTC

Sorta new and looking for advice!! Please Help!!

Well I've just been watching the board for quite a while, but I think it's time to join on in. My name is Emily, I turned 20 in December. I have pcos, diagnosed when I was 16. Today is 1 yr, 1 month, 1 week, and 6 days that I've been trying. I have not even been to a doctor since I was diagnosed at 16... I know that's pretty bad. I think I'm really just afraid to go to the doctor, cause then you find out you have problems. :( on top of that I got married when I was 18 and my husband has been dealing with lots of job changes and problems. He just got a really great job this month and in 30 days we will be getting insurance. I feel like I should go to the doctor, especially since it's been more than a year. It's great that I can find soooooooooooo much information out there with help, but, really it's too much and I don't even know where to start. I think that you guys are real and have really been through the process, I feel that you can help me. I don't know where to start. What are the first steps I should take, and are there things I should watch for/avoid. Please and thanks for any advice! I really appreciate it.
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Re: Sorta new and looking for advice!! Please Help!!

• I don't have a ton of advice.  The wonderful ladies on this board should be here to help soon.  I wanted to reach out, though, because I completely understand the hesitation to go in.  I have yet to have an appointment (even just preventative) that DIDN'T end up with a new DX.  My body has been attacking itself for almost 7 years.  So ::hugs:: from me!

Hopefully someone can get on here soon and help with your confusion.  I will say that after you get your insurance next month, give them a quick call (to find out your benefits) and then make an appointment with your GP.  If you haven't had a PAP since you were 16, you are more than due.  Plus, if you are more than a year out (with trying), you should talk to your Dr. about troubles in trying to conceive. 

I know these ladies will have much more information, I just wanted to pop in and say that I understand your hesitation.  Hope all goes smoothly soon!

CFNBC Since 8/2011 - ALL Welcome

Lupus/MCTD (2009); Hashimotos (2012); Endo (2012); 

Complete Anovulation; Low Prog & E + High T & DHEA
    BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 EDD 7/25/2013 M/C 11/19/2012 @ 4w5d

BFP #2 - 2/4/2013 EDD 10/20/2013 M/C 2/11/13 

My Chart Is a Joke

• Welcome to the board! If you have been TTC for more than 1 yr with no luck and have a dx of PCOS go to your Dr. When you reach out to your OBGYN about your inability to conceive please do not seek any treatment through them and go straight to an RE. You will need specific testing and someone who specializes in the issues you are having and can help you get pregnant - responsibily.

Hope your stay is short and sweet!

TTC Since March 2010
    DX: Ovulation Disfunction DH:low volume, but good
    3 clomid cycles (50MG - 150 MG): No Response
    Femara (5MG) 2/2012: Weak ovulation BFN
    Femara (5MG) 3/2012: BFP!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image sarahaaron08:

Welcome to the board! If you have been TTC for more than 1 yr with no luck and have a dx of PCOS go to your Dr. When you reach out to your OBGYN about your inability to conceive please do not seek any treatment through them and go straight to an RE. You will need specific testing and someone who specializes in the issues you are having and can help you get pregnant - responsibily.

Hope your stay is short and sweet!

This! Good luck! 

Photobucket
  • I agree with pp that you should see an ob for a pap and if you've been trying for a year to look for an RE.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Photobucket

DH: Post testicular cancer/tesicle removal, low sperm count: 12/20/11 SA: motility 45% morphology not able to be tested good, Sperm count = 2.2 million Me: Diagnosed with hypothyroidsm 12/20/11 All blood work looks good including thyroid level! RE appt 1/23/12- RE recomending IVF, DH will have another SA done, waiting for CD1 to make appt for blood work, u/s, and SHG. 2/2/11 SA results= count 11 million!!! motility 83%!!! morphology 1% IVF with ICSI! BCP staretd 3/23, Starting Lupron 4/9, stims 4/20.
    ER 4/30, ET 5/5- Transfered 2 beautiful blasts, 1 frostie waiting! BFP+HPT 5/10, Beta#1 5/15-330! Beta #2 5/17 741!, Beta #3 5/19 1363! First U/S 6/1

PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Thank you guys for you're support! It's just simply encouraging to have someone to talk to when you really don't have many to talk to. I should have joined in earlier :) I actually don't even have a doctor or anything pretty much for that matter. My dad always just took me to our health center so it was just whatever doctor we got. I want someone who I can trust and is understanding of me. Any suggestions on how to choose who I should pick??
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards