3rd Trimester
Options

question for working moms (and moms-to-be)

2»

Re: question for working moms (and moms-to-be)

• Options
    I start maternity leave 2 days before my due date.  I am tired and don't want to be there anymore but it's not that bad.  Honestly, the only reason I decided to work until almost the end was because I was afraid of being bored at home by myself and getting anxious waiting for the baby.  At my job it doesn't matter how little time you take before the baby.  You still get the same amount of time after the baby is born regardless. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm working up until I go into labor. I'd love to go on leave, like, now, but I don't won't have much time off, and I want to save it for after the baby is here.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I plan to take off the after I go into labor. I am using all my SLS/AL leave for maternity leave, and would rather get paid then not. We can't really afford for me to take off since I make more than double what DH makes a pay paycheck.

*Okay we could, but I don't want to have to live on a tight budget*

Plus I was on bedrest with DS at 28 weeks...and that that miserable. I really don't want to be stuck at home being bored.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Im due August 8 and planning on working all the way until the end of July - as long as I can. 

I live in Canada and get 1 year off- but the year starts when you take it off= so if you take more time off before Lo is born that means you go back before Lo is 1 year.  

lolololo
  • Options
    I haven't talked to my store manager yet about when I'll be starting leave. I don't get FMLA or vacation time or anything. I work part-time at McDonald's (I know, sounds glamorous, huh?) and will have only been there 11 months when my due date comes. As far as I know there isn't any guidelines as to how long they'll let you take off. But I plan on taking about 3 months off. It's just a matter of when to start & how long I feel comfortable going without a paycheck.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I'm going to try to stick it out.  My job is pretty relaxed, so I can put my feet up back at my desk and always leave a little early if I'm too tired. 
  • Options

imageAleja0918:
    I'm working until I go into labor. To me, taking time off before doesn't make sense as I'd be bored to death at home waiting for him/her to come.

I thought this up until last week. Work (primarily one of my bosses) stresses me out too much, so I am seriously thinking about making March 30 my last day (due April 7), for 3 months, assuming I don't deliver by then. 

• Options
    Another Canadian here, BUT I'm self-employed so I don't have a typical mat leave. However, I will probably slow down the 4 weeks before I'm due, and then take 12-16 weeks off completely. Then, depending on how I feel I might go back part-time. Just going to take it day by day.
  • Options
    I'm doing the same as last time: working until I go to L&D.  I want as much time with #2 as possible so I'll wait until I go to the hospital to start my maternity leave.
    Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • Options

Get some rest!

We are doing the most amazing thing in life... Giving life!

Don't "feel bad" about taking some time BEFORE baby. No one gives you a metal or a trophy for being superwoman! People play hookie for less reasons, I think this is an amazing reason!

We get information overload throughout our pregnancy and forget what's important. Let's keep it simple... If you can afford it, give yourself the most healthy thing you can do for you and baby... REST!

it's obviously what you really want to do. follow your heart. i don't want you falling asleep behind the wheel of your car or anything (which has been happening to people lately).

Tie up loose ends that you'll never do later.

• Options

Popped in from October 2011 board.

I actually worked up until I had the baby. I worked Friday Oct 28 and was induced on Monday Oct 31. For me, it worked well...it was better for me to be busy so I wasn't stressing over labor, etc.  

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"