Success after IF

Can I reuse a pullup?

I put Jacob in a pull up for his naps.  I'm still too scared to have him in bed in just underwear.  I would say 4-5 days of the week, he wakes up with a dry pullup.  Can I reuse it?  It seems like a waste of a rather expensive thing to just throw away after one, dry use?  But I don't want to do it if its unsanitary.
Allison
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Can I reuse a pullup?

• Elizabeth is usually dry after a weekend nap, so I'll reuse the pull-up that same night. She's dry probably half the time at school after nap, but they have to throw away the pull-up. So I definitely reuse the weekend ones when they're dry (especially since she only has it on 60-90 minutes).

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know if it is 'unsanitary'.  To me it would be like putting back on the same pair of underwear after only a few hours of wearing.  But there is something about reusing a diaper that just feels weird, you know? 

Are their options for cloth with inserts so you don't have to worry about it?  I don't know much about what is available but that is what I would seek out. 

• I used to do it all the time.  We never had any issues.

I would usually put my DD to bed in them, and if she woke up dry, i would reuse it for the next night.  I didn't do it more than 2 nights in a row, but it just seemed like such a waste to throw it away.

But maybe i am cheap and unsanitary....LOL:) 

• image MBandBud:

I don't know if it is 'unsanitary'.  To me it would be like putting back on the same pair of underwear after only a few hours of wearing.  But there is something about reusing a diaper that just feels weird, you know? 

Are their options for cloth with inserts so you don't have to worry about it?  I don't know much about what is available but that is what I would seek out. 

To me its exactly like putting panties back on after not peeing in them but peeing in the toilet.  But I agree, I had some second thoughts about it at first, as it turns out only my Mom uses them.  We do use the cloth option, both Blueberries and Super Skivvies make our favorites.  Very nice, protect clothes and beds, and are washable.

Dx. annovulatory PCOS Cycle #3 - follistim, ovidrel trigger - TI
    BFP at 10DPO & 11DPO. Beta at 11DPO 27, 13DPO 85, 17DPO 510.

TTC#2

Cycle #1 follistim, ovidrel and TI/IUI Sept. 2011 = c/p :(

Cycle #2 repeat...BFP at 10DPO. Beta at 12DPO 65, 14DPO 179
    u/s 12/15 = three sacs, repeat u/s 12/20 = three heartbeats. Lost baby C between 12 and 16 weeks and welcomed our surviving twins on oldest daughter's third birthday!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I always reused the dry ones ;)
  • Yes, we reuse them. I already feel guilty enough about using disposables overnight, I can't also throw them away "unused". :)
  • If they are dry, i reuse them that night. Hayden wakes up dry most days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image akatrilady2:
    I always reused the dry ones ;)

Me too!!  Those puppies are too expensive to throw away dry.  

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • totally have re-used them.

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*