Success after IF

In our last hours with Dad.

Hospice says 24-48 hours.  His kidneys have shut down and the nurse couldn't get his blood pressure.  I'm sad, but it's gut wrenching to see my Mom lose her best friend and lover.  Absolutely. Terrible.

My DH's birthday is Sunday.  I'm so afraid he'll make it until his birthday and make that a bittersweet day, but then I feel guilty for even thinking like that.  

This. Is. Awful.  Feck you cancer. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: In our last hours with Dad.

• i'm so sorry you are going through this. sending prayers that things are as peaceful as possible for everyone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm really sorry Em.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry.  What a horribly painful time for you and your family.  You will be in my thoughts.

I feel like people can control when they die to some degree. 

My grandmother passed away last Thanksgiving.  The day before she died was my cousins 15th birthday and my aunt asked her not to die on that day, that would have been devestating to him.  She waited until the next day to die which did made Thanksgiving a sad day but on the other hand, the whole family was together.

My friends dad died when she was in high school and she spent every minute by his side while he was sick.  Her family forced her to go out to eat with friends on night and he died while she was out.  She believes he did it on purpose because he didnt want her to be there for that. 

-----Lisa-----
  • Absolutly terrible.  T&P.

• I am so, so sorry. Sending you a huge hug, and praying for strength and peace for you all at this difficult time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MAK06MAK06 member
    I'm so incredibly sorry you are going through this. Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Lots of hugs.

• Oh Em, I am so so sorry.
  • Oh Em, I'm so sorry sweetie :( I wish there was anything to make it easier.  I'm thinking of you guys...
  • All I've got are (((HUGS))) and lot's of prayers for your family to get through this time.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• I'm so sorry. Lots of hugs to you, and I wish you all a lot of peace. 
  • I am so sorry for your family. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My heart is breaking for you and your family. I'm so sorry and sending a huge hug.  :(

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Many thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you and your family. I am so sorry you're all going through this :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so very sorry. Big hugs to you...
    Unexplained. IVF#2 worked! Beta at 10dp6dt = 154, Beta at 13dp6dt = 603 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry that you have to go through this, Em.  Just try to cherish these last moments with him.  Praying for your whole family. 
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so sorry....I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry.   Hugs, prayers, and wishes for peace for your family.
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • I am so so sorry.

(((Hugs)))

• I am so sorry your family is going thought this.  I pray peace be with you and your family.
  • I am so sorry, my friend.  Holding your hand these next days, and not letting go, OK?
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • i am sorry. thoughts and prayers with you and your family.
  • Prayers for peace for you and your family.  I'm so sorry you're dealing with this this incredibly hard situation. 
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• I'm sorry. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry you are dealing with this! If you need to talk to someone who has been, I am here!
  • I'm so sorry. I'm sue this is so hard. Your family will be in my thoughts. 
  • Im totally heartbroken for all of you. 

I wish there were words to comfort you but I fear they all fall short.  

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • There are no words.  I am just so sorry.  Many prayers.
    After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'll keep your family in my thoughts!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh, I'm so sorry.  Thinking of you and your family.  I hope that your dad's last days are peaceful and that he has no pain.  Big hugs. 
  • This brings tears to my eyes. I'm terribly sorry you and your family have to go through this. Praying for peace.
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I pray for peace and comfort for your dad. Take care. (((hugs)))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My thoughts are with each and every one of you guys.

I know these girls love you, Em, but they've only had a peek at how amazing and wonderful you and your mom, and siblings, and whole family are.  I can only imagine the pride your dad has for you all. You are GREAT apples that fell from an amazing tree.   Call/email me anytime, my friend.

We're all here for you.

?Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death."  (unknown)

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • I am so sorry.  Sending lots of hugs.
    TTC #1 since 4/09
    2/21/11: IVF #1 Begins and results in TWINS!
    11/4/11: The twins are born at 36w4d!
    11/5/11: We said goodbye to our sweet baby girl as she was born with multiple complications and a severe heart defect, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so very sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with your entire family.  Hugs.
    5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so, so sorry...    (((HUGS)))
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• I am so very sorry and wish you all peace in this absolutely terrible time.....
    Lisa
    Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • I'm so very sorry
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • I am so, so sorry.

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• Emily, I am so, so very sorry.  I just saw your post on FB that he is gone, and my heart is seriously hurting for you right now.  It brings back that last day that my dad was alive - it was the same thing and I hate that anyone has to go through it.  You're right - feck you cancer.  You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers.  I wish I was closer so I could give you a great big hug, but know that I am sending tons of hugs your way. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"