March 2012 Moms

c-section scheduled

Due to the potential of our baby being on the large size (she measured at 9lbs at 38 weeks) and with the complication of my gestational diabetes, we have 20-30% risk of shoulder dystocia which can cause some awful complications during a vaginal delivery. It is with a heavy heart that we decided to not risk it and schedule the c-section for Tuesday the 28th. I feel uneasy with either decision. But add to that, our baby girl decided to become disengaged this week instead of moving further down. Because we had to do fertility treatments and had success after our second IUI, and then I developed GD, and now, she is measuring larger, I just feel my body is yet again playing against me. I really really wanted to have a vaginal delivery, but I feel the risks out weigh the benefits at this point. The birth isn't about what I want, its what's best for her. And already, I am making parenting choices that are difficult. I've never been through a surgery before so I am a bit nervous, and disappointed with the outcome. I just hope once I see her face, the disappointment will instantly vanish. Just looking for some positive reinforcement.

I know there is an error rate for the growth check this late in the game, but being that I was 9lbs 6oz when I was born, chances are they are a bit more accurate with her being larger.

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

Re: c-section scheduled

• I hope everything turns out okay and your little girl is happy and healthy.

While you may have planned for a vaginal birth, the risks are defintely worth it to do a c-section.  Just think of the silver lining - your baby girl in your arms.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Hey, it's a decision that you had to make. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how your LO gets here, it just matters that she gets here! I'm likely going to need to make this same decision soon as my LO is measuring at 9 lbs already. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We're scheduled for Monday the 27th.  Good luck.  I'm not looking forward to another csection but since it's happening I've decided to let go of the negative feelings and just be super excited to meet my boy :-) 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thanks! I am starting to feel a bit better about the decision. I know it doesn't matter how she gets here as long as she is safe and healthy. I am very excited to meet her and am feeling happy that we have a date and it's only a week from today :)

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

• I know that it may not be the best consolation, but in my own birth, I suffered from shoulder dystocia. And it was permanent. Not that it's the worst thing in my life, but you are certainly doing the best thing for her by having that c-section.
    Anniversary