Pregnant after a Loss

How long does it take to digest vitamins?

Let's say you eat food A and take your vitamins at the same time. 2 hours later, food A comes back up (you can visually tell). 

Di you retake the vitamins, or did enough get digested/absorbed in 2 hours?

What is the timeframe cut off for retaking vitamins? 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

Re: How long does it take to digest vitamins?

• I never retake.  I figure the risk of too much vitamins (which will make you feel even more nauseas) is worse than the risk of too little for one day.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • I definitely wouldn't retake after 2 hours. I accidentally took mine one morning on an empty stomach (maybe just water and juice) and I felt sick fairly quickly and saw no evidence of any vitamins in the toilet.
      two in my heart, two in my arms

• image Missa_g:
    I never retake.  I figure the risk of too much vitamins (which will make you feel even more nauseas) is worse than the risk of too little for one day.

This.

My OB also told me that the most important time to take prenatals is for the 3 months before you get pregnant, and after about 6 weeks they become less important. He gave me permission to stop taking them in first tri when they were making me sick all the time. (I bought gummy ones instead, but wasn't very good about taking them). Now I can actually take them again. (Although one did come back up around 15 weeks).  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 Celsete Mae born 10/2/14 at 37w2d ♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards