High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD moms...help, I'm tired of eggs!

What else have you been eating for breakfast? Even before being diagnosed, I was eating eggs every morning (mon-fri). Usually I made hard-boiled eggs, or just cooked up one-two eggs on toast. Since the diagnosis, I started making egg cups (eggs cooked with some fillings in muffin tins). This past week, I was having to force myself to eat the egg cup, and a couple days I just couldn't do it. I get up very early to drive an hour to where I teach, so I need something simple and fast. Any ideas?

image image

Re: GD moms...help, I'm tired of eggs!

• Options
    I eat a piece of bread with peanut butter with a glass of milk every morning.  Occasionally I'll mix it up and have toast with sausage and cheese (sometimes egg)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like to eat half of a whole wheat bagel thin with peanut butter or a frozen waffle/pancake (I think blueberry is best so you don't have to use syrup) and some sausage links.  Both are pretty quick grab and go breakfasts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a piece of WW toast with peanut butter and a glass of milk too.  I don't have a lot of time in the morning to get bfast ready, so this does the trick for me.  :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used to cook up a package of sausage patties at the beginning of the week, then reheat in the microwave and put on top of 1/2 a whole wheat English muffin with a slice of cheese.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I usually eat a piece of toast with peanut butter and a cup of decaf with splenda and half anf half.  To switch it up I have also found a cinnamon raisin bread that is 14 grams of carbs a piece and that is a yummy treat with some PB. An english muffin with sausage and cheese, or just cheese, is also good.  The kids chobani yogurts are also really good, and have 12 or 14 grams of carbs, I like those with some almonds on top.
    m/c 4/4/11 @11w6d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Morningstar sausages are surprisingly good (on 1/2 english muffin with cheese) and microwaveable. They have a lot of protein. I eat so many eggs, I'm clucking and sprouting feathers! Lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I basically rotated between:

Some form of eggs and ww toast

1/2 and english muffin with a sausage patty and cheese

Cottage cheese with ww cinnamon toast (just butter and cinnamon)

French toast with whipped cream and a side of sausage

But breakfast was REALLY tough for my numbers (even on insulin), so I couldn't do frozen waffles, oatmeal, any milk, etc.  

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was on the GD diet with my 3rd and ate mostly eggs and bacon for breakfast but when I needed a change I also ate Greek yogurt with raspberries/blueberries or an avocado with blue cheese and balsamic vinaigrette with fresh sea salt and pepper.
    My three little ones
  • Options
    I usually eat oatmeal in the morning mixed with some berries mixed in while its cooking so they get hot and juicy throughout the oatmeal. We usually use steal cut oats, cook them the night before so it is only a few minutes of cooking in the morning. We put one egg white in the oatmeal as well for some protein, and I drink a glass of milk with it. This has maintained my sugar since I was diagnosed with GD. Otherwise, its sausage, eggs, a piece of toast and a glass of milk.

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"