Cloth Diapering

good to start? help my stash in my "cart" to order...

18 Diaper Rite Prefolds  (medium) for DD-6mo.
12 Diaper Rite Prefolds  (large) for DS-2years
2 Kawaii Pockets
1 Bumgenius 4.0 one size pocket
1 HH one size pocket
2 Thirsties Duo covers
1 Bummis Super lite cover
1 Blueberry cover
1 Kawaii goodnight

**DO I NEED THIS MUCH VARIETY? I thought maybe to see what works best.. I'm planning to just CD at home (both kids)..then eventually for outings-then naps & night time (also daycare eventually... i know i'll need 2 wet bags (one for each kid, etc.)

&&&
2 Snappi (for DD)
CJ's diaper stick
pail deoderizer
microfiber doublers (3)
2 PW Pail liners
1 PW small wet bag

I'm planning to make my own detergent. Buy some cheap washcloths & use with water for wiping. Also, some hemp inserts. 

I already have 2 fitteds, 1 Bummis cover, 3 swaddlebee pockets/aio's (all used)

If you think I need anything else - please help me out - you mama's know best!

Mommy to MonsterMan on January 27, 2010 - 9lbs.5oz. 21" Mommy to "Shnoobs" on August 8, 2011 - 5lbs.15oz. 19 1/2" "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other"-Audrey Hepburn

Re: good to start? help my stash in my "cart" to order...

• i think that looks great! my only suggestion would be to buy more than one kawaii overnight, then you don't have to make sure it's clean each night! so worth it though. oh and a pillowcase is an even cheaper pail liner :) 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageStarfish113:

i think that looks great! my only suggestion would be to buy more than one kawaii overnight, then you don't have to make sure it's clean each night! so worth it though. oh and a pillowcase is an even cheaper pail liner :) 

should i buy 2 overnights per child? both are heavy wetters through the night.

I saw about the pillowcases - but wasn't sure about the smells? it's definitely cheaper since i have many extras laying around.

Thanks for ur input!
    Mommy to MonsterMan on January 27, 2010 - 9lbs.5oz. 21" Mommy to "Shnoobs" on August 8, 2011 - 5lbs.15oz. 19 1/2" "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other"-Audrey Hepburn
  • Loading the player...
  • imagestill07:

2 Kawaii Pockets
    1 HH one size pocket
    2 Thirsties Duo covers
    1 Blueberry cover
    1 Kawaii goodnight

**DO I NEED THIS MUCH VARIETY? I thought maybe to see what works best.. I'm planning to just CD at home (both kids)..then eventually for outings-then naps & night time (also daycare eventually... i know i'll need 2 wet bags (one for each kid, etc.)

&&&
    2 Snappi (for DD)

I only count 4 covers that seems somewhat light to me. And I tried the pillowcase route.  Camden had a really bad poopy diaper and poop juice transfered into the pillowcase onto the floor where i kept it.  Needless to say, it was a mess.
    CJ's diaper stick
    pail deoderizer
    microfiber doublers (3)
    2 PW Pail liners
    1 PW small wet bag

I'm planning to make my own detergent. Buy some cheap washcloths & use with water for wiping. Also, some hemp inserts. 

If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestill07:

2 Kawaii Pockets
    1 HH one size pocket
    2 Thirsties Duo covers
    1 Blueberry cover
    1 Kawaii goodnight

&&&
    2 Snappi (for DD)

I only count 4 covers that seems somewhat light to me. And I tried the pillowcase route.  Camden had a really bad poopy diaper and poop juice transfered into the pillowcase onto the floor where i kept it.  Needless to say, it was a mess.
    CJ's diaper stick
    pail deoderizer
    microfiber doublers (3)
    2 PW Pail liners
    1 PW small wet bag

If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestill07:
    imageStarfish113:

i think that looks great! my only suggestion would be to buy more than one kawaii overnight, then you don't have to make sure it's clean each night! so worth it though. oh and a pillowcase is an even cheaper pail liner :) 

should i buy 2 overnights per child? both are heavy wetters through the night.

I saw about the pillowcases - but wasn't sure about the smells? it's definitely cheaper since i have many extras laying around.

Thanks for ur input!

ooops sorry didn't see your response! yeah, i'd get two for each kid. i have two for overnight and two for nap diapers at daycare, because i don't like to do laundry every night! and as for the pillowcase, i just wash it at the same time as the diapers :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"