Cloth Diapering
Options

too late to start? (2 in dipes)

i have a 6 month old (DD), and 2 year old(DS). i'd like to start cd'ing both. is that silly?
just to add: my 2 yr old DS is NOwhere near ready to potty train (even though i'd like him to be...)
i figured i could buy things that they both could use (like one-sized pocket dipes) and also the prefolds/covers she could grow into when he's out of them...

what's a good stash to start with? i'd like to wash every other day.

thanks for your help...
Mommy to MonsterMan on January 27, 2010 - 9lbs.5oz. 21" Mommy to "Shnoobs" on August 8, 2011 - 5lbs.15oz. 19 1/2" "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other"-Audrey Hepburn

Re: too late to start? (2 in dipes)

• Options

Check out the FAQ in the top right of the board.

It's not silly! Never too late to save some cash and some garbage.

We use mostly Kawaii one size pockets. There are brand reviews in the sheet in my siggy. I'm not a fan of prefolds and covers because my boy is an acrobat at changes - I need one piece, ideally with velcro, to get it done fast.

• Options

thanks for the input.

i would like to start small- like just one child for now, during the day. and work my way up to both all day/night & while out. do u recommend it? or should i just dive in all at once??

Mommy to MonsterMan on January 27, 2010 - 9lbs.5oz. 21" Mommy to "Shnoobs" on August 8, 2011 - 5lbs.15oz. 19 1/2" "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other"-Audrey Hepburn
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagestill07:

thanks for the input.

i would like to start small- like just one child for now, during the day. and work my way up to both all day/night & while out. do u recommend it? or should i just dive in all at once??

I'd do both at home to start with, then out, then nights. Just get some and give it a shot! You might do a mix for a while; you'll learn as you go.

• Options
    If you start small, just make sure you use enough to do a load of laundry every 2 or 3 days. Most people have the greatest laundry success with every other day, but you can stretch it to 3 days. It's never too late to start!
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"