Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Waiting....................

Was just going to read through all the posts and try to gather information but it's just not working so here is my story, any advice would be appreciated.

I had an ultrasound around 3 weeks ago, that dated me at 6weeks and 1 day but no heartbeat, I knew then that something was not right but just listened to everyone else telling me to be positive and that my dates were just off.

3 weeks later I returned to get my follow up ultrasound, I started spotting lightly the day before, again, knowing that something was not right. The U/S showed no growth, dr. sent me to get blood tested and told me options and what to expect to miscarriage naturally.

2 days later, no changes, very light spotting, nothing to even cover a pad, just light brown blood when I wipe. Is it normal for a miscarriage to take over 3 weeks to start. The waiting is killing me, esp. knowing that I teach classes for work and cant imagine the miscarriage starting during a class. What do you all think? When will it start? Thinking that a D&C may be better so I can plan???????

Re: Waiting....................

• i personally had a d&c within 3 days after we found out i had a blighted ovum (no baby in sac). My Dr recommended this. which was fine because i wanted everything to be over with. Everyone is different and everyone has their own opinions on this topic. sometimes (from my understanding) if the m/c doesnt happen naturally your Dr will recommend a d&c to get the process done. I am happy with the choice my Dr & I made because it did give me some closure, Dr was able to tests products of conception and put my mind at ease. my body luckily returned back to normal within 2 months when i got my 1st period. I hope this helps .. I am so sorry you have to go through this, but know you are NOT alone, we are all here for you. ((hugs))
    BFP #1 - 10/10/11, 1st U/S 12/5/11 @ 8w, BO discovered, d&c 12/9/11. HCG @ 0 - 1/4/11.
    BFP #2 - 04/04/12, 1st Beta @ 9DPO 19, 2nd Beta @ 13 DPO 168. 1st u/s - 4/30/12 - we have a heartbeat!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    image * * PGAL/PAL/TTCAL Always Welcome! * *
  • I had an ultrasound and a hb, measuring the baby at 8w2d a few weeks ago.  Then 4 weeks later, no hb on the doppler, u/s confirmed the baby had passed, it was only measuring 9 weeks.  I am not sure when the day had passed away, but it had been weeks, and I had no physical signs of it, I still felt very pregnant, m/s, exhaustion, and my uterus was growing.  This was friday, I chose to have the d&c on monday.  My ob said it could still take a few weeks for the baby to miscarry naturally, I wasn't willing to go through that.  Now I did start some spotting before the d&c, but I have also read once spotting starts, it can be weeks of bleeding. 

*hugs to you* and I hope things go quickly for you.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • I am sorry you are going through this. I had a huge blood clot surrounding the baby and the baby just stopped growing and had no hb. They thought something was wrong last Monday, but wanted me to wait and did 2 more u/s before they confirmed that the baby was not viable. I only had light brown spotting for a day and a half over a week ago and none since then. Since it could take weeks for me to naturally miscarry I am having a d&c Thurs. I think it will help bring some kind of closure. GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards