Nurseries and Baby Gear

Uppababy Cruz or Britax B Agile? Help!

apologies for the long post :) We are looking for a lightweight stroller that can be used from birth through around 2-3 years old. Originally looked at the Uppababy Vista but decided we didn't need the bassinet. Loved the Britax B Ready for all the configurations but it was too big and bulky. Hubby and I agreed B Agile was best b/c of the great fold, so lightweight can be used with car seat and can put the newborn in the regular stroller seat (I think?) and its a great price point. However now I hear the Cruz is similar to the Vista I originally liked but lighter weight and no bassinet included (which we dont want). It seems the Cruz and B Agile are very similar so wondering if there are are new moms out there who have used either and have opinions. Background: we currently live in NYC but after about 1 month will move to Burlington, VT so either way would like something to fit easily in car, allows me to go for strolls with or without car seat, works well on terrain and overall just is great for newborn to toddler!

Re: Uppababy Cruz or Britax B Agile? Help!

• We felt that the Cruz was still bulkier both in footprint when 'driving' it, and also when folded than the B-Agile.  THe only real positive we saw about the Cruz over the B-Agile was that you could flip the seat around to face inward.  We don't have a LO yet but thought this was something we could do without, especially with the infant car seat adapter which would allow the baby to face inward as well. 
  • I am a huge Uppababy fan (have both the Vista and the G-Luxe) and really love the fact that the seat can go inwards. It handles really well on some bumpy, non-paved (dirt/small stumps) green way trails near where we live.

Even now with an 18 month old we occasionally have her face us. That said, I find it a little bulky to take in and out of the car all the time--not impossible but much prefer the G-Luxe (I am petite so someone of average height/weight might not find it to be much of an issue).

Ultimately it probably will come down to "test driving" each, trying how each folds and feels right.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely the Cruz. Why did you rule out the Vista? I feel like at the sale price for the 2011, it makes so much sense. Plus, in my book a bassinet is a must with the health issues of kids sitting in car seats.
  • I test drove the vista and fell in love. I want something cozy for baby and the bassinet is so cozy! I have seen a few in person and they are hard and uncomfortable. so im pretty much sold on it , but who knows i may change my mind !
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image GirlWithTheMostCake:
    Definitely the Cruz. Why did you rule out the Vista? I feel like at the sale price for the 2011, it makes so much sense. Plus, in my book a bassinet is a must with the health issues of kids sitting in car seats.

I agree, check out the Vista.  The 2011 sale price is such a great deal even if you don't use the bassinet much.  I tested the Vista this past weekend and was surprised how great it is! i really loved it, but am looking for more of an all-terrain jogger style. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image