February 2012 Moms
Options

Why do I feel like I will never go into labor?

Does anyone else feel this way? As soon as I hit 37 weeks and didn't go into labor I all the sudden felt like I never would. I am 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant, last doc appt. I was 1 cm dilated, I am loosing my mucus plug, but I only have contractions when I am walking around. I feel like I am never going to have this baby. I am starting to feel very depressed and stressed out. Help me...

I have another question...How does everyone feel about the name Theodora? My dad is named Theodore and he named me after my grandfather and I want to carry on the tradition. My husband doesn't like it all that much but that doesn't concern me. I think I would call her Teddy until she was older then maybe Thea??? Any input.

Thanks for the help.

P.S. why doesn't my pregnancy ticker show up when I post...am I computer retarded or does anyone else have this problem?

Re: Why do I feel like I will never go into labor?

• Options

1. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow, and already feel like I'll never go into labor. I've been having "false labor" for a week! I'm effaced, but barely dilated. Ugh. I know this little girl will come out eventually... but it's the "eventually" that worries me!

2. Theodora... have you ever read Harry Potter? All I can think of when I hear this is "Nymphadora"... You might ask the Baby Names Board for female versions of Theodore... they can be really snarky, but if you explain yourself about why you want to name your daughter after your Dad, and that his name is Theodore, they'll probably have some really good options.

3. There's an "FAQ" link on the bottom left side.... I think they should answer your ticker question there... It's been so long since I've done it, that I don't remember!

HTH! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Options
    I'm nearly a week ahead of you and I can def commiserate--I have had zero BH and haven't noticed too many changes (like mucus plug, etc) and feel like it might never happen.  Most FTM have their babies closer to their due date or are late--I wouldn't start to panic yet if I were you.  I was told that normal births happen between 38-42 weeks--the baby won't stay in there forever.  I know it's harder said than done, but you just need to be patient. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I absolutely could have posted this...I am majorly cranky and stressed out. 

I went for my growth ultrasound at 38 weeks 3 days for them to estimate that baby was at 8 1/2 pounds...needless to say DS was born at 39 weeks 2 days weighing 9 lbs 1 oz and DD was born at 39 weeks 1 day weighing 8 lbs 14 oz - I'm thinking the ultrasound is spot on. 

So A) totally worried about having a huge baby if they don't come in the next day or two, B) doctors are already pushing toward a C-section since baby is so big and I DON'T WANT ONE and C) both babies came early in their 39th week so I can't helped but psyched into thinking that baby will come this weekend. 

Bleh!  I'm going to be pregnant forever or give birth to a toddler! :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

just hang in there. according to my dr. most women go into labor during weeks 39-41. with dd i was induced at 41 weeks. I'm 38 weeks 1 day and I'm not getting my hopes up for anything to happen before 41 weeks. Just try and rest up and think positive (so, so hard) but it will all be SO worth it.

• Options

I am over 38 weeks, and not dilated at all. I haven't lost mucus plug or anything, and though I have had some contractions, they obviously aren't doing anything. My last pregnancy, I was induced at 42+2. More depressing, is I am REALLY hoping for a VBAC. And all I can do is sit here and watch the days pass by til the day they make me schedule a c-section. Blergh. I really want to avoid surgery, as I have an 18-month-old at home, and recovery is kind of debilitating. 

I feel like my body is great at making and carrying babies, and I'm trying not to count myself down and out. Buuuuut....the babies never seem to want to come out on their own. Sigh.

Just keep in mind the majority of babies do come out after 41 weeks on their own, and they will come out when they're ready. 38 weeks isn't even at our due dates, so hang in there.

And I like the name Theodora...totally cool! 

• Options

I just got done telling DH I have pre-partum depression from all these fake-out contractions AND that I'll apparently be attending this baby's college graduation with a cap on my belly. :) Evidently, late pregnancy gives me a flair for the dramatic. 

I have been 3 cm/70% since Monday, had a L&D visit on Monday night (false alarm), had contractions ALL day yesterday and woke up at 4 AM with painful contractions that went away after about an hour. Plus, the baby was measuring 8.5 pounds on Monday (which is how big DS was born on his due date), and I feel like every day that goes by he just gets bigger! 

I understand I still have 5 days until my due date, but all this keeps giving me hope, then stopping. It's really emotionally exhausting.  

I know this is the case for ALL pregnant women, but I just have to sit here and wait for one of the most exhausting and painful experiences of my whole life and I have no idea when it will happen... in 28 seconds or next week. It's giving me some anxiety.  

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

First, love the name Theodora. I'm not a fan of the nn Teddy for a girl, but I do love Thea.

As far as feeling like you'll never go into labor, I feel like that sometimes (and I'm only 37 weeks). IDK why, but it's hard for me to imagine my body actually starting this. And I've been having a ton of BH, not to mention last night I had about an hour and a half of consistent, painful, wrap-around-the-back contractions. Still, it's hard to believe that it'll actually amount to anything. The waiting is the hardest part!

Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
     I feel like I'm even further behind all of you.  I am 1 cm and 50 % effaced but have had no contractions at all.  Tons of BH, however.  Just keep hoping I will start to feel some contractions just so I know something is happening.  I don't want to have him now but I am being induced in 2 weeks and would like to be further along (or go into labor b/f) so the induction will go smoother/quicker.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am 39 weeks and have been on bed rest and multiple drugs to stop labor since October never expecting to go to my due date and here I am still trucking along with baby inside as happy as a clown! I have been a 1 and 75% effaced for 4 weeks now!! it seems like it will NEVER happen... good thing we are scheduled to be started on the 9th!

• Options

I'm sitting here at 40w and 2d with no signs of labor, so I know what you mean!  I barely even get BH - maybe a few a day, but that's it.  I know that this little guy HAS to come out eventually, but he sure is taking his sweet time.  I'm just crossing my fingers hoping that means that I get to have a nice, fast, easy labor once it actually hits.  If I am going to be overdue, I can at least use a little wishful thinking.  Smile

I like the name Theodora.  I am not a huge fan of the "Teddy" nickname.  I like Thea better (would you pronounce it "tay-ah" or "thee-ah"?).  You could also use Dora or Dorrie as a nickname. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"