Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Stomach bug questions

So, my little girl has the stomach flu. She started throwing up around 5 and has puked a total of 4 times so far.  For those of you who have dealt with this recently, when do I give Pedialyte?  Should I wait a certain amount of time?  Do I need to monitor how  much she has?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Re: Stomach bug questions

• Options

I believe they recommend waiting one hour after the last episode of vomiting to give the Pedialyte. Start small, with maybe 1 tablespoon every fifteen minutes, because you don't want to overfill an already irritated belly. You can progress from there, still giving smaller amounts, but more frequently. You can try to monitor how much she has, but if she begins vomiting again, it won't be as accurate. I usually look at urine output to determine if they are staying hydrated.

I hope your little one is feeling better soon!

Mommy to Evelyn Clare born 6/23/07, Ryan Hansen born 12/10/09, and Charlotte Nicole born 11/1/12
  • Options
    imageLissaLee:

I believe they recommend waiting one hour after the last episode of vomiting to give the Pedialyte. Start small, with maybe 1 tablespoon every fifteen minutes, because you don't want to overfill an already irritated belly. You can progress from there, still giving smaller amounts, but more frequently. You can try to monitor how much she has, but if she begins vomiting again, it won't be as accurate. I usually look at urine output to determine if they are staying hydrated.

I hope your little one is feeling better soon!

This exactly!

image @wa_tracy image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"