July 2012 Moms

a/s on 2/15! water question

i was told to drink 32 oz of water and stop peeing around 9am, u/s is at 10 am (i know its for better quality of the u/s)... my question is... those of you who already had your a/s, did you have to follow the same procedure? I feel like i'm going to burst by the time i get back there lol

ETA- i love drinking water so i'm used to it, just not used to NOT being able to pee when i want/need to!!

Re: a/s on 2/15! water question

• I had mine today, and they didn't tell me anything about drinking water or not peeing before.  Of course, baby didn't unfurl and I have to go back in 2 weeks, so.
  • I haven't had my a/s yet, but they told me 16 oz an hour before and not to pee.

32 is excessive I think for this late in the game, I had to drink 32oz when I had a u/s at 6 weeks and I had to pee so bad I could barely walk when I got there.  The tech said if I was that uncomfortable I could pee and she would do a transvaginal. You better believe I opted in for that!!

• Loading the player...
  • I just got my instructions for my A/S that's going to be on March 2nd and they are exactly the same as yours. I'm usually fine with holding it for a little while, but it's always when they tell you not to go that you can't stop thinking about it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They told me that, then ended up having me go pee almost immediately, because my bladder was so full that the babies couldn't move around. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had mine yesterday and although they didn't tell me anything, I drank lots and didn't pee.  I let the tech know and she said, oh, you have to pee?  Go ahead before we start.  Weird huh?  they saw what they needed to.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had mine today. They gave me no directions. When I arrived, the tech asked if I needed to use the bathroom before she started mashing on my stomach. I did. The pics were all clear and fine. Baby was a little uncooperative, but hey, it was rainy here and I was lazy at work today! Good luck:)
  • I haven't had mine yet, but my paper said to drink 12 oz. of fluid before I go.  Someone also told me to drink orange juice I just don't remember why they said OJ over water
  • It may have to do with individual situations.  My bladder was supposed to be crazy full for my a/s because the Dr. wanted measurements of my cervix because of my twin prefnancy and said a full bladder would allow him to measure better.  
    Photobucket Expecting #3/4 after a long battle with infertility. Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • For my DD they told me 32 oz an hour before. I drank half at home and sipped the rest on the way to the office. They called me in right away (thank god!) and took a few photos. Then said to go pee just "a little". I thought I would never be able to do that but surprisingly I did! Then she took a few more photos and I peed for the rest of the afternoon!

This time they didn't mention anything about water but I will calland ask just to make sure. If so, I'm wearing a Depends and taking extra clothes. My bladder control has never been the same since my first pg, and for sure I won't b able to drink that much and hold it while pg this time.

Loving life's blessings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageimageimage
  • I was told 24oz. Both times I went for u/s it was too much for me and the tech made me empty my bladder because the baby was too constricted with the full bladder. So for my a/s, I'm only drinking 12oz an hour before. 
    Shana
    Baby girl born July 6th 2012 at 40w2d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My instructions didn't say anything about how much water to drink, only to not pee starting 45 min. before the appointment.
  • I just scheduled my u/s for 2/14.  I specifically asked the doctor about drinking beforehand and she said I did NOT need to have a full bladder.  I asked my two SILs last night (2 kids each) and they also said they were not told to drink.  I wonder why everyone has different instructions?
    Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 17

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mine is scheduled for Feb 28th :) my doctors office just tells me to come in with a full bladder. They don't tell me how much to drink or how long to hold it, so maybe you can go by that. The last u/s I had, I drank a normal sized bottle of water on my way to the appointment (1/2 hour before the appt time) and everything was fine.
  • I wasn't told anything for my A/S this morning. I went pee halfway through the ultrasound so that the baby had more room to stretch out and we could get leg measurements.

I think having a full bladder matters more when the baby is really tiny early on?

• I specifically asked the tech if I should drink before I came and she told me that I didn't have to.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"