Stay at Home Moms

Forgot to tell you guys the kicker(s)...

Before I got off the phone with my dad last night, he insisted on talking to DH.  Which I didn't allow because DH would have gone off on my dad.

Apparently my dad thinks "talking to the man of the house" will get him somewhere with this whole Catholicism thing.  And that DH will "tell me" what to do.  (Yeah, good luck with that - DH knows better and never would have married me (in our heathen wedding ceremony) if I just did what I was told.)

Also, did you know that Dads are the ones who teach right and wrong?  "Moms are just always moms.  Its the Dads that teach right and wrong and discipline."

OMFG, dad, are you serious???  WTF do you think I do all d@mn day long?  Why do you think our child is so well behaved?  

::headdesk::

I'm sooo having a bottle of wine tonight after DS goes to bed!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Forgot to tell you guys the kicker(s)...

• LOL!  I have NO clue but he needs to go back there.

My dad is in his 70s and is from an old-school Italian (and Catholic, LOL) family.  Maybe its his age/upbringing?  But damn...

• My FIL is the same way, he told DH he needed to tell me to straighten up at one point.  Any guesses how well that went over Devil
  • Loading the player...
  • I have an older family member like that. I am so tempted to respond to normal questions with "let my ask my husband."

How is the weather in your town?

I don't know. Let me ask my husband.

Did you get the birthday card I sent?

I'm not allowed to get the mail. Let me ask my husband.

• imageKitCat1:
    Did your dad find a time machine and go back to 1860?  Seriously, where did he get those ideas from?

THIS x1,000! WTH is he thinking? 

• I don't know this back story but your dad sounds absolutely archaic. How did such sexist man raise such a forward thinking daughter? Obviously this is his fault since he didn't teach you 'right and wrong' when you were a child.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJune2007:
    I don't know this back story but your dad sounds absolutely archaic. How did such sexist man raise such a forward thinking daughter? Obviously this is his fault since he didn't teach you 'right and wrong' when you were a child.

I have a "rant/vent" thread below.. Its, um, priceless.

Haha!  I think I'm going to have to bring this up to him!

Funny thing is that he's very proud of how he raised me (not take crap from anyone; being independent; asking questions, etc).  I guess he forgot to mention that I'm supposed to do all of that just not to him!

• imageGeek_Girl:

imageJune2007:
    I don't know this back story but your dad sounds absolutely archaic. How did such sexist man raise such a forward thinking daughter? Obviously this is his fault since he didn't teach you 'right and wrong' when you were a child.

I have a "rant/vent" thread below.. Its, um, priceless.

Haha!  I think I'm going to have to bring this up to him!

Funny thing is that he's very proud of how he raised me (not take crap from anyone; being independent; asking questions, etc).  I guess he forgot to mention that I'm supposed to do all of that just not to him!

I just read the first one. Yikes! Your dad sounds... opinionated. It stinks that you made a decision you thought he would support but he felt the need to dig at you anyway. 

I think pointing out his discrepancies could be funny, he definitely seems to have an 'ignorance is bliss' thing going on!

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageGeek_Girl:

Apparently my dad thinks "talking to the man of the house" will get him somewhere with this whole Catholicism thing.  And that DH will "tell me" what to do. 

Um, no. We are independent people and we don't tell each other what to do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Abigail (6.2010) and Evelyn (9.2011)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"