1st Trimester

Strangers' input

Since my coworkers found out that I'm pregnant, they started to give me all kind of comments such as:

"don't have ultrasound, it's bad for you and your baby and why would you wanna find out the sex of the baby? let it be a surprised!!"

"you should move, stairs are dangerous for the baby"

"you shouldn't eat fish"

"you should walk straight" 

Ok, I got it. You're all concerned but really? Especially the first comment, I am so irritated and wanting to tell them off.

Re: Strangers' input

• People are stupid, imo. And, if what they said is true (LOL) then I am a bad pregnant woman =P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • People are weird.  Just ignore them.  Or tell them off.  Serves them right for saying dumb things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm wondering why you're holding back telling them off? ;)

Ugg. :( 

• Well, clearly anyone who thinks ultrasounds are just to find out the sex of the baby is an idiot. 
  • For some reason when you are pregnant your business turns into everyone else's business and strangers feel the need to tell you everything you are doing wrong or could possibly do wrong in the future, along with their personal 'medical' opinion. As hard as it is, you need to ignore them and move on and do what your doctor says, and hope you don't get caught eating fish in the lunch room :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dont you just hate that....I know what your going through. I hate the comment "i cant picture you as a mom or i wonder how your gonna be" ...as if they never gone through being a first time mama.....it can be hard but just ignore them.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Someone at work told me that I'm having a boy because I haven't really had morning sickness....But...my mom never had morning sickness I'm one of four of her daughters!!  lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"