Breastfeeding
Options

Low Suction on One Side w/ Medela Freestyle

So I've noticed that regardless of how I assemble the parts I always have less suction on the left side when double pumping with my Medela Freestyle. If I switch to just pumping that left side then there is enough suction, but can't get enough when pumping both sides.

Any suggestions? 

I've only used the pump maybe 20-30 times total so it's all fairly new parts as well. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Low Suction on One Side w/ Medela Freestyle

• Options

Either call them and get another tube set (may be a small hole or crack in connection) or the parts just aren't on TIGHT enough.

It's funny, but my left side happens to be like that A LOT, so I take the parts off and PUSH them back together. If it doesn't work, do it again, and again. It usually fixes my problem. GL!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have the same problem...I think it's the pump.  I only single pump with it now.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WOW!! I'm double pumping for the first time and noticed the same thing!! I was getting ready to write a post for it...
    MeandMrsJones Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A new tube worked for me...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My Freestyle's motor had died by the time I'd used it that much and it didn't provide adequate auction whatsoever. Medela replaced it but I still didn't trust my milk supply to such a lousy pump so I bought a Hygeia Enjoye which has not let me down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"