January 2012 Moms
Options

I'm 41.5 weeks pregnant... What's your excuse?

I have been feeling like my in-laws think I'm a total b!tch here these last couple weeks. Pre-pregnancy, I was always worried about hurting people's feelings. Now I'll be sorry for a second or two, then I'll remember that Oh, I'm SUPER pregnant and everyone expects me to enthusiastically discuss my ute. All empathy disappears.

I have stopped texting people back when all they have to say is, "Have you had that baby yet?" or "What did the doctor say?" Worse yet, "Any talk of induction?" Ugh! This is especially irritating when it's coming from women who have been pregnant before. How can they NOT know how annoying it is?

The other day DH's cousin realized that I'm overdue. She told me that I'm "just not b!tching enough." Wtf. I told her that actually, all I do these days is b!tch and moan but it's obviously not getting LO here any quicker. I guess she expects that I go into my OB's office and demand to be induced ASAP.

SIL thinks I'm being mean for not calling every single person in the family on a daily basis to inform them of whether I'm still pregnant. She hounds the crap out of me every time she sees me. I just remind her that in the end, I'll be the mother of the super-cute baby everyone is going insane over, and no one will be mad at me for very long.

Lastly, my OB is scheduling my induction on Wednesday. I've only told a select few people but I know that when we do end up going to the hospital SIL will tell everyone anyway and a parade of family members will show up. I've pretty much accepted this; our visitors will be sitting in the waiting room while I labor since it will only be DH & I in the delivery room. DH is just going to make sure everyone knows that they're more than welcome to come to the hospital, but a phone call or text before heading our way would be wise in case we *gasp* want to have some alone time with our newborn daughter.

I will never understand why people think it's okay to overstep boundaries in such big ways during another woman's pregnancy.

Sorry this was so long, vent over.

Re: I'm 41.5 weeks pregnant... What's your excuse?

• Options
    I totally feel your pain, and I'm a full week behind you! I had people incredulously texting me about still being pregnant well before I had even hit my due date. What do they really expect you to say - "oh, I had that baby weeks ago, I was just waiting for you to ask." The people that call and sincerely ask me if I've had the baby yet also throw me for a loop - as if I'd just quietly have her and go back to my life with no announcement. But you're right, once you have her and everyone can come visit her, no one will be thinking two seconds about how long it took for her to arrive. Good luck on your induction!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How you're feeling is totally understandable.  Maybe you could just tell people that you are resting and to direct any texts/calls to your dh from this point on?  I also don't get why people cross so many boundaries either with child birth/visiting.  It makes things so uncomfortable when you are already going through a huge, life-altering event.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been avoiding being around people so I don't have to put on a happy face and answer the same questions a million times. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    My mom keeps telling me to go sit on my yoga ball for hours on end... While that's a great notion, the chance of me engaging due to yoga ball is slim/none. Maybe I should just blow the damn thing up and give it to my 19-month old to play with so she's happy lol
  • Options
    imagelilnightmusic:

*throat punch to everyone involved*  I'm sorry.  I totally understand. I'm so over all this shiz as well.

Unrelated- what kind of dog is that in your siggie?  SO.EFFING.CUTE 

Thanks! He is a mutt; terrier mixed with dachschund. I love my shelter doggies. Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"