Trying to Get Pregnant

Pregnant?

My last positive OPK was on January 24th, 2011. I had a period from taking prometrium from 01/09/12 to 01/13/12. I took a pregnancy test on 01/17/12. My question is, it is possible that I could be pregnant from my previous cycle? I would have been, (assuming that I DID ovulate) 24 dpo when I last took a test and got a BFN.

Re: Pregnant?

• Sorry- my last positive OPK was December 24th, 2011. 
  • I would have to say no.
    ::TTC since June 2011 BFP #1 on 11/16/11, EDD 07/28/12, C/P 11/21/11 DX with PCOS 04/19/12::BFP#2 on 07/25/12, EDD 04/05/13::A/S 11/09/12, We're having a boy!::DS born 03/19/13::Surprise BFP#3 09/12/13, EDD ??/??/14::Confirmed C/P 09/23/13::BFP#4 04/24/14, EDD 12/28/14::A/S 08/14/14, We're having a boy!::
    ::MST3K::The Venture Brothers::Breaking Bad::Anything on Investigation Discovery::
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm about 99.9999% sure that you would not be pregnant if you are 24dpo and getting a BFN.
    Me: 41 DH: 37 - AMA, DOR
    BFP 2.12.2012, c/p 2.17.2012
    IUIs 1-3 = BFFN :(
    IVF #1 - Sept 2012 = BFFN :(
    IVF #2 - Dec 2012 = BFP!! EDD 9/4/2013
    Beta #1 = 107, Beta #2 = 4,650!! U/S 1/15/2013
    Everyone welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • If the pregnancy test was positive the you are pregnant. I would call your dr, I don't know what, if any risks there are from taking the prometrium.  

ETA: reading comp fail. Like pp said if you are on clomid you should not be relyin on OPKs to determine ovulation & your dr would have confirmed you weren't pg before prescribing prometrium. If the test was negative than you aren't pg

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You took Clomid, you shouldn't have to assume you ovulate - that should be confirmed via bloodwork and ultrasounds.   a BFN at 24dpo is a BFN. Why did you test 4 days after getting your period? 

Yup. This. Sorry OP. 

• image tairairat:
    I would have to say no.

I would have to agree with this.

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • I didn't know if you could get a period after stopping prometrium and still possibly have conceived from the previous cycle.
  • I didn't know if there would be enough hcg then or not
  • I pray that you are a troll and not really this stupid.

"People seem to couple an inordinate amount of stupidity with extreme laziness." ~ A wise interwebz friend.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• image monichole09:
    I didn't know if you could get a period after stopping prometrium and still possibly have conceived from the previous cycle.

I sure hope you are MUD...

A simplified biology lesson: A period is caused by the shedding of the uterine lining.  The uterine lining is where the embryo attaches.  If you had your period (thus shedding your uterine lining) then you would have no where for an embryo to attach.  If an embryo had already attached (making you pregnant) and then had your period, the embryo would also have been shed with the uterine lining.

Pregnant women do not have periods.  They can have bleeding, but not periods.  If you had a period and also had a negative test, then you are not pregnant.

imageimageimage

imageimage

imageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (31): SA is ok, slightly low morph  Me (31): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, and border line high NK cells

October 2012: Clomid + IUI w/ OB/GYN = BFN

November 2012 - March 2013: Break while finding the right RE and more testing

April 2013: Unmedicated IUI #2 due to hostile CM = BFN

May 2013: Clomid + Trigger + IUI #3 = BFN

June 2013: Clomid + Trigger + IUI #4 = BFN

August 2013: IVF w/ICSI #1 6R 5M 3F All 3 embryos are slow growing and poor quality.  All 3 arrest before transfer

October 2013: IVF w/ICSI #2 8R 7M 5F Transferred 1 beautiful early blast.  Nothing to freeze.  BFP! Beta #1 14.6  Beta #2  3  Chemical Pregnancy

January 2014: IVFw/ICSI #3  8R 8M 8F Transferred 1 grade 1 expanded blast and 1 grade 2 early blast.  Nothing to Freeze.  BFN

February-March 2014: Getting Second Opinions from RMA NJ

March 2014: Start Embryo Adoption/Donation with FIRM.  We've selected our donor and have 9 snowflakes!

May 2014: FET w/ donor embryos- Transferred 2 blasts and 1 morula, nothing to re-freeze.  BFN

June-August 2014: On a treatment break until our appt. w/ Dr. KK August 14th

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• image GhostMonkey:

I pray that you are a troll and not really this stupid.

Then you better be praying really hard GM. The stupid is strong with this one. 

image image

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked." -Jimmy Hendrix
    "We had a simultaneous orgasum. That means that he ejaculated inside me." -SunnySideUp
  • image Adam&Eve07:

The stupid is strong with this one. 

Best quote, ever. 

"BD"...Do you mean "bunny dance"?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• image dawn2zzs:
    I'm about 99.9999% sure that you would not be pregnant if you are 24dpo and getting a BFN.

Yes

photo 577309_10153228829310554_464450213_n_zps51a47a1f.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageBabyFruit Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~ Greyson was Born 11/20/2012

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

• image GhostMonkey:

I hate to say, based on her non-MUDdy (and non-educated) clomid questions from last month that this girl is legit and not a troll. But, she absolutely refuses to listen to anyone. 

• image JBM1204:
    image GhostMonkey:

I hate to say, based on her non-MUDdy (and non-educated) clomid questions from last month that this girl is legit and not a troll. But, she absolutely refuses to listen to anyone. 

Or someone dedicated to their trolliness.

I refuse to believe that she is for real. Refuse.

"People seem to couple an inordinate amount of stupidity with extreme laziness." ~ A wise interwebz friend.

• image JBM1204:
    image GhostMonkey:

Then why post if you are not going to listen to the advice you ask for? Is she an AW? I don't get it.

image image

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked." -Jimmy Hendrix
    "We had a simultaneous orgasum. That means that he ejaculated inside me." -SunnySideUp
  • image Adam&Eve07:
    image JBM1204:
    image GhostMonkey:

Then why post if you are not going to listen to the advice you ask for? Is she an AW? I don't get it.

In the instance of this post, I am guessing she was looking for "ZOMG! You are totes preggerific and the tests are wrong! Go paint the nursery blue!"

You know, if it was real.

• If you have a period, you are not pregnant

If you have a period and then have a negative HPT, you are definitely not pregnant.  

imageimage 

For ARMCHAIR RE

The Bump is not your personal Google. It's a community. Communities have rules and cultures. Get to know ours before you tell us how mean we are, how you feel sorry for our husbands, and how our infertility is caused by snark

New to the 3T board? *~*~*~*Click HERE first!*~*~*~*

Losing the fight against my ovaries  34 35 months and counting

Me: PCOS secondary to Hashimoto's (thyroid), endometrial hyperplasia, and a blocked tube

DH-low motility and poor morphology

My long and convoluted 7 month testing history can be found HERE

Short story: if you've been trying for over a year, go straight to an RE. Don't waste time with an OB

Treatment History 

Medicated Cycle #1 (8/2013) 100mg Clomid , Stair-step to 150mg Clomid+ TI=  No Response
    Medicated Cycle #2, 3, 4 (9/13 10/13 11/13) 5mg Femara + TI + Ovidrel= BFN/No Response
    IUI #1 (1/14) 5mg Femara (CD3-CD7) + Follistim (50/100/150/200/250IU) = Over responded
    IUI #2 (3/14) 27 days of Follistim 50/75/100/150/200 (5 follies) + Lurpon+ IUI (12.5m motile) = BFN
    CYCLING AT CNY IN NOVEMBER 2014! Scratch that. Cycling with our RE who offered us a discount

imageimage
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL/PAL ALL WELCOME! 

Eff YOU Uterus: The Blog             image               Pinterest

"Fuck twins, it's a litter of kittens."- WQ

"Apparently, mine doesn't deserve luxury. I have an economy vag.- Bibliothecary

"On the way down the banister of life may your ass collect a thousand splinters."- DarcyHermione

• So I'm just going to throw this out here. This is a board that people use for questions and support. Calling someone "stupid" is not helping anyone. She is asking a question. We are not fertility experts and if we knew everything, dont you think we would all be pregnant?
  • image ccf5144:
    So I'm just going to throw this out here. This is a board that people use for questions and support. Calling someone "stupid" is not helping anyone. She is asking a question. We are not fertility experts and if we knew everything, dont you think we would all be pregnant?

She has every right to come here and ask a question. We have the right to call that question and/or the poster stupid. That's the beauty of a public message board. 

image image

• I can't see into your uterus, bro. But I'm guessing since you got a negative HPT and your period, that you aren't pregnant. Just kinda common sense...

• image ccf5144:
    So I'm just going to throw this out here. This is a board that people use for questions and support. Calling someone "stupid" is not helping anyone. She is asking a question. We are not fertility experts and if we knew everything, dont you think we would all be pregnant?

Yeah...no one has ever thrown that out there before. 

FWIW, I think I'm pretty darn knowledgeable on the topic of getting pregnant/fertility.  Expert level, no. But I know that if you TTC get your period then TTC again you wouldn't be pregnant from the month before.

BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC since 3/10: IVF #1 BFP: #1 60, #2 128, #3 256, #4 796, #5 1926!
    U/S #2: 2 heartbeats!!!! U/S #4: Vanishing twin around 8=9 weeks
  • image ccf5144:

Knowledge is just half the battle. You can "know everything" about pregnancy and still have issues getting pregnant.  

imageimage 

For ARMCHAIR RE

The Bump is not your personal Google. It's a community. Communities have rules and cultures. Get to know ours before you tell us how mean we are, how you feel sorry for our husbands, and how our infertility is caused by snark

New to the 3T board? *~*~*~*Click HERE first!*~*~*~*

Losing the fight against my ovaries  34 35 months and counting

Me: PCOS secondary to Hashimoto's (thyroid), endometrial hyperplasia, and a blocked tube

DH-low motility and poor morphology

My long and convoluted 7 month testing history can be found HERE

Short story: if you've been trying for over a year, go straight to an RE. Don't waste time with an OB

Treatment History 

Medicated Cycle #1 (8/2013) 100mg Clomid , Stair-step to 150mg Clomid+ TI=  No Response
    Medicated Cycle #2, 3, 4 (9/13 10/13 11/13) 5mg Femara + TI + Ovidrel= BFN/No Response
    IUI #1 (1/14) 5mg Femara (CD3-CD7) + Follistim (50/100/150/200/250IU) = Over responded
    IUI #2 (3/14) 27 days of Follistim 50/75/100/150/200 (5 follies) + Lurpon+ IUI (12.5m motile) = BFN
    CYCLING AT CNY IN NOVEMBER 2014! Scratch that. Cycling with our RE who offered us a discount

imageimage
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL/PAL ALL WELCOME! 

Eff YOU Uterus: The Blog             image               Pinterest

"Fuck twins, it's a litter of kittens."- WQ

"Apparently, mine doesn't deserve luxury. I have an economy vag.- Bibliothecary

"On the way down the banister of life may your ass collect a thousand splinters."- DarcyHermione

• IMG tag fail. :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageClick here to find out more about lung cancer!image

Click here to go to the Bump Board Glossary
    Click here to go to the TTGP Blog!

TTGP 2012 Award for Best Screen Name
    TTGP 2013 Award for Best Advice

• so because you are having bad day, you decide to make fun of someone? Seriously, be supportive or don't post. The board is not meant to be negative. 
  • image ccf5144:
    so because you are having bad day, you decide to make fun of someone? Seriously, be supportive or don't post. The board is not meant to be negative. 

Who said they were having a bad day?

Support isn't something you just get.  You earn it.  By giving it you get it. 

How do you know this board isn't meant to be negative?  Does it say that in a rule book somewhere?

BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC since 3/10: IVF #1 BFP: #1 60, #2 128, #3 256, #4 796, #5 1926!
    U/S #2: 2 heartbeats!!!! U/S #4: Vanishing twin around 8=9 weeks
  • image ccf5144:
    so because you are having bad day, you decide to make fun of someone? Seriously, be supportive or don't post. The board is not meant to be negative. 

Then tell us oh wise one...what is this board supposed to be about? 

image image

• image slightlyslapdash:
    IMG tag fail. :(

What was it supposed to be of? 

image image

• image Adam&Eve07:

image ccf5144:

Then tell us oh wise one...what is this board supposed to be about? 

Duh, When someone asks if they could be pregnant eventhough they have had negative HPTs and gotten a period, you are supposed to reply "You are totes pregolicious!!1!!!1!!!!11"  That is the most supportive thing to do.

imageimageimage

imageimage

imageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (31): SA is ok, slightly low morph  Me (31): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, and border line high NK cells

October 2012: Clomid + IUI w/ OB/GYN = BFN

November 2012 - March 2013: Break while finding the right RE and more testing

April 2013: Unmedicated IUI #2 due to hostile CM = BFN

May 2013: Clomid + Trigger + IUI #3 = BFN

June 2013: Clomid + Trigger + IUI #4 = BFN

August 2013: IVF w/ICSI #1 6R 5M 3F All 3 embryos are slow growing and poor quality.  All 3 arrest before transfer

October 2013: IVF w/ICSI #2 8R 7M 5F Transferred 1 beautiful early blast.  Nothing to freeze.  BFP! Beta #1 14.6  Beta #2  3  Chemical Pregnancy

January 2014: IVFw/ICSI #3  8R 8M 8F Transferred 1 grade 1 expanded blast and 1 grade 2 early blast.  Nothing to Freeze.  BFN

February-March 2014: Getting Second Opinions from RMA NJ

March 2014: Start Embryo Adoption/Donation with FIRM.  We've selected our donor and have 9 snowflakes!

May 2014: FET w/ donor embryos- Transferred 2 blasts and 1 morula, nothing to re-freeze.  BFN

June-August 2014: On a treatment break until our appt. w/ Dr. KK August 14th

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!