3rd Trimester

The most obnoxious shower ever...

Mine...my shower is way too big.  90 were invited.  We have HUGE families...both parents have 7 siblings...I have four siblings...hubby has seven...plus our cousins.... but 33 of them live out of state. We thought for sure they would not come since most would have to fly in.  Not one of them said no.  Only ten people total said no.  When does that happen? Don't get me wrong.  It is going to be amazing to have my entire family in one place. The only other time that happens is at weddings.  But 80 people at a shower...that's really really big!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Re: The most obnoxious shower ever...

• I think thats awesome, it shows how much people love you and how excited they are for you.
  • You probably won't have to buy a thing between what people get you, and store credit for duplicate gifts. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • Thats pretty cool. You wont need a thing!
  • You won't have to buy anything for your LO!! Everyone may get bored watching you open that many gifts though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm jealous! You are lucky to have a large, supportive family!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image bride2005!!:
    Mine...my shower is way too big.  90 were invited.  We have HUGE families...both parents have 7 siblings...I have four siblings...hubby has seven...plus our cousins.... but 33 of them live out of state. We thought for sure they would not come since most would have to fly in.  Not one of them said no.  Only ten people total said no.  When does that happen? Don't get me wrong.  It is going to be amazing to have my entire family in one place. The only other time that happens is at weddings.  But 80 people at a shower...that's really really big!

How exciting for you!!  I'm completely jealous because I don't think my shower is going to reach 10 people... 

BFP - March 31st 2013 - MC on April 6th 2013<br>
    BFP - May 11th 2013 - MC on May 15th 2013<br>
    BFP - June 22nd 2013 - MC on June 30th 2013<br>
    BFP - September 2013 - MC September 2013<br>
    BFP - October 31, 2013 - December 17th - found out baby stopped growing at 7wks - natural MC December 20th 2013

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Rowenarg:
    I think thats awesome, it shows how much people love you and how excited they are for you.

Thank you!!! I am so blessed.  I am just hoping that the opening of presents isn't too much.   

• Thank you so much!! I am so fortunate but I agree...they all might get a bit bored.  At least there is unlimited wine and champagne for them!  HA!

• Oh man, I would hate to open sooooo many presents in front of so many people. Please don't make them sit there and watch you open presents from that many people ... it will take forever. I was once at a bridal shower that had 60 people and it was torture for the guests and the bride ... the gift opening took two hours!

At least you won't have much to buy!! Good luck :) 

a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.thebump.com/?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Really? "Obnoxious" is the word you chose to describe this? If you don't want all the love, support, and gifts your family/friends are generously giving, I will take it. 
  • Not that it's a contest but mine might be bigger. I know well over 100 have been invited, invites were going out this week or next I think. It makes me nervous having that many people potentially show up and I feel bad for my hostesses (MIL and Mom) but they never capped on how many to invite and they keep inviting people!! MIL suggested two smaller showers but I thought that wouldn't be as cost effective food wise. I hope yours goes smoothly for you!
  • image lurkeyloo:
    Really? "Obnoxious" is the word you chose to describe this? If you don't want all the love, support, and gifts your family/friends are generously giving, I will take it. 
    I was beginning to think I was just being biitchy when this was my first thought. Im sure the family going very far out of their way would love to know you think it's obnoxious.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Rowenarg:
    I think thats awesome, it shows how much people love you and how excited they are for you.

This! 

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Why is this obnoxious? Are you gloating or complaining?
  • image lurkeyloo:
    Really? "Obnoxious" is the word you chose to describe this? If you don't want all the love, support, and gifts your family/friends are generously giving, I will take it. 

Ya, i agree with this! You are SO BLESSED:)

• image Divallyn:

Oh man, I would hate to open sooooo many presents in front of so many people. Please don't make them sit there and watch you open presents from that many people ... it will take forever. I was once at a bridal shower that had 60 people and it was torture for the guests and the bride ... the gift opening took two hours!

At least you won't have much to buy!! Good luck :) 

This is exactly my point!!! Not sure how to handle it. It will be awful for my guests to sit through all of that.

THANKS! 

• image lurkeyloo:

Yes oh holy one...it's obnoxious to have that many presents to open. 

• image danlexi04:
    image lurkeyloo:
    I was beginning to think I was just being biitchy when this was my first thought. Im sure the family going very far out of their way would love to know you think it's obnoxious.

Actually, you are being bitchy...no need...and definitely not going to explain myself to those of you who insist on taking your pent up frustrations on a simple post.  

Read the whole thing before you comment...or just don't comment.... 

• image bride2005!!:

image lurkeyloo:

Yes oh holy one...it's obnoxious to have that many presents to open. 

:sigh: First world problems... 

• I had just over 80 people at my shower, and it made me feel completely loved and blessed. Opening that many gifts in front of everyone was tough. Just try to have helpers to hand you the gifts and take them as you finish. Also try to open them as quickly as possible while still showing you are grateful. It took over an hour...closer to an hour and a half...but no body really cared. My mom also did a diaper raffle and prizes, so every couple of gifts, someone would get a prize.

Just remember how wonderful it is that so many people care about you and LO already. And PPs are right, you won't have to buy much with that many people coming. Good luck, and enjoy. 

img src="" width="130px">
  • I had 90 people at my shower last weekend... while it was overwhelming- it was wonderful that all our family and friends could make it with an exception of 10 people out of state. We got everything we needed and then some... All we had to buy was a few more bottles, pacifiers and crib sheets... And we have alot of gift cards still left over. Consider yourself lucky :)
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • That would be totally stressful!  I'm sorry you're going to have do many people, but it's nice to know they all care enough about you to come.  Also the gifts will be great!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haha aww at least you have so many people who love you and your baby! But I do feel your pain. I don't like attention on me so I thought my shower with DD#1 was way too big with 30 people. So glad to not be having one with this baby!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics
  • had our families combined our two showers we would have had an estimated 70 family and friends attend.  

We felt very loved and blessed our family and friends were very giving...what I dreaded at 37 weeks was returning duplicates and exchanging newborn for larger sizes. 

It was an all day job DH and I tackled it and we were both worn out by days end, of course it was better than coming out of pocket for everything on our own.I think DH and I may have put up $100 in the end... not counting nursery furniture and remodel.

~TTC Since 01.01.07~
    ~BFP 10.14.08~
    ~MC found 11.11.08 (8 Weeks)~

BFP 5/26/2011 EDD 02/05/2012 Scheduled C-Section 01/30/2012

• image lurkeyloo:

yeah, this.

this is my first baby and i don't get to have a shower at all because i live in a different state than everyone i know.

pardon me if i don't pity you while i'm spending hundreds of dollars on the things i need because there is simply no one to help me out.

• Yeah I think its horrible that people want to come to your shower and buy your baby things! Its so hard to sit down and have to open gift after gift and just think of the thank you cards oh my!Im so glad no one threw me a shower and I have had to work hard to get the few new things I wanted for DD
  • Note on presents - I've been to a shower that was huge like that and they just had the big "hostess" gift opened in front of everyone and the hostess opened and placed the other gifts on a large dining room table with the cards for everyone to see what you got. Might be an idea if 2hrs of non-stop "oh thank you MaryLou I love the onesie!" doesn't sound appealing Smile
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers